Author Topic: BREAKING....Thread 8...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON  (Read 48538 times)

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: BREAKING....Thread 8...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON
« Reply #975 on: December 18, 2023, 12:29:53 am »
From reply 976 above:
"Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) said Sunday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been “difficult” to work with as the U.S. pushes for a two-state solution to end the Israel-Hamas war."

Stuff it, coons.

Here's Fishrrman's "THREE-STATE solution" for the Mideast:
Israel
East Israel
(former West Bank)
Southwest Israel (former gaza)

How's that hit ya...?

:beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #978 on: December 18, 2023, 01:40:27 pm »
Graham: Israel Will Have to Accept Two-State Solution to Normalize Ties with Arab Countries
Idiot. Israel need do no such thing.
-----------------------------

i24NEWS English
@i24NEWS_EN
🔴IDF fighters located suitcases with approximately 5,000,000 ILS in a senior Hamas member’s home in Jabalia

3:00 AM · Dec 18, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #979 on: December 18, 2023, 02:06:30 pm »
New Hostage Deal Mooted as Mossad Chief, Qatari PM Meet CIA Director in Warsaw

Poland’s capital Warsaw will host Mossad chief David Barnea as he meets CIA director Bill Burns and Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani on Monday in continued efforts to broker a new deal to secure the release of Israeli hostages held by Hamas terrorists in Gaza.

The Ynet news site quoted a source involved as saying the talks would be “long, complicated and more difficult than before.”

The meeting in Warsaw comes three days after the Qatari PM and Barnea met in another European capital to try to relaunch indirect discussions between Israel and Hamas that are being mediated by Qatar, Axios reports.

Previous talks have made headway and seen a limited number of hostages released.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/12/18/new-hostage-deal-mooted-as-mossad-chief-qatari-pm-meet-cia-director-in-warsaw/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #980 on: December 18, 2023, 10:24:24 pm »
WATCH: Hamas Produces New Hostage Video; IDF Condemns ‘Atrocious Terror’

Joel B. Pollak 18 Dec 2023

The Palestinian terrorist group Hamas released a new hostage video on Monday, showing three elderly male hostages who appear, under duress, to demand that Israel pay any price necessary to secure their release.

The hostages were identified by the Jerusalem Post as Chaim Peri, 79; Yoram Metzger, 80; Amiram Cooper, 84. Peri, ironically, was a peace activist who had volunteers to take Palestinians from Gaza to Israeli hospitals, during peacetime.

https://twitter.com/IndyArabia/status/1736842315619053829

https://twitter.com/TreyYingst/status/1736821501435810052

The video was released as Israeli negotiators met in Warsaw, Poland, with representatives of the Qatari government, who mediate on behalf of Hamas, to discuss a possible new deal to exchange Israeli civilian hostages for Palestinian terror convicts.

The Times of Israel noted that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) condemned the hostage video as “atrocious terror.”

Hamas and a fellow Iranian-controlled terror organization, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, said over the weekend that they would not accept any deal with Israel that did not involve a complete and permanent ceasefire — meaning that Israel would have to accept defeat in its objective of destroying the groups.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2023/12/18/watch-hamas-produces-new-hostage-video-idf-condemns-atrocious-terror/
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2023, 10:56:18 pm »
Quote from: mystery-ak wlink=topic=518271.msg2950719#msg2950719 date=1702863569

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1736456972113756449

How did IDF, Mossad, ShinBet and Netanyahu miss this???

« Reply #982 on: December 18, 2023, 11:21:57 pm »
PA official blasts Netanyahu’s vow to prevent ‘Hamastan or Fatahstan’ in Gaza: ‘The name is Palestine’
TOI
By JACOB MAGID
Today, 11:00 pm   

A senior Palestinian official hits back at Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for declaring that he will not allow Gaza to become “Hamastan or Fatahstan” after the war.

“We say to Netanyahu, it's neither Fatahstan nor Hamastan. The name is Palestine, and it will remain Palestine, whether you like it or not,” PLO Executive Committee Secretary General and top presidential aide Hussein al-Sheikh tweets.

Netanyahu has in recent weeks pledged to block US-backed efforts to eventually return the PA to govern the Gaza Strip, saying he will not allow the territory to be ruled by Hamas or the PA-controlled Fatah party.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #983 on: December 18, 2023, 11:24:29 pm »
It can't remain "Palestine." It never was Palestine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #984 on: December 18, 2023, 11:37:15 pm »
Keir Starmer joins Rishi Sunak in calling for sustainable ceasefire in Gaza
The Guardian, Dec 18, 2023

Keir Starmer has joined Rishi Sunak in calling for a sustainable ceasefire in Gaza, as the political rhetoric continues to shift away from unqualified support for Israel’s assault in line with moves from the US and others.

Some senior Conservatives were even more explicit. Ben Wallace, a former defence secretary, said Israel’s “killing rage” risked it losing international support, and Alicia Kearns, who chairs the Commons foreign affairs committee, said she believed Israel had broken international humanitarian law.

The Labour leader said there was a need “to get to a sustainable ceasefire as quickly as possible”, beginning with a pause in the fighting during which the remaining hostages seized by Hamas on 7 October can be freed and aid can enter Gaza.

[...]

In a strongly worded article, Wallace said he agreed with Israel’s right to self-defence but that this did not come without limits: “Going after Hamas is legitimate, obliterating vast swathes of Gaza is not. Using proportionate force is legal, but collective punishment and forced movement of civilians is not.”

The Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, was at fault for missing warnings about the Hamas attack, Wallace wrote: “But if he thinks a killing rage will rectify matters, then he is very wrong. His methods will not solve this problem. In fact, I believe his tactics will fuel the conflict for another 50 years.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/18/keir-starmer-joins-rishi-sunak-in-calling-for-sustainable-ceasefire-in-gaza

« Reply #985 on: December 18, 2023, 11:56:38 pm »
The Guardian Updates
39m ago
18.00 EST

Summary of the day so far

It’s 1am in Gaza City and Tel Aviv. Here’s a recap of today’s developments:

Israeli forces have forced displaced Palestinian civilians sheltering at al-Ahli hospital in Gaza City to evacuate the facility and arrested medical staff, according to reports. Richard Sewell, the dean of the Anglican-run St George’s College in Jerusalem, said most of the hospital’s staff have been detained, while medical sources told Al Jazeera that the hospital is now out of service.

The UN security council has postponed a vote calling for a sustainable cessation of hostilities in Gaza to give more time to meet US objections to the wording of the draft resolution. The vote was due on Monday mid afternoon in New York but the US said it could not support a reference to a cessation of hostilities, but might accept suspension of hostilities.

The US defence secretary, Lloyd Austin, has held talks with Israeli officials including prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his defence counterpart, Yoav Gallant, in Tel Aviv on Monday. The discussions focused on Israel shifting away from large-scale aerial and ground operations in the Gaza Strip to a new phrase in the war focused on the precise targeting of Hamas leaders, the US official said.

Aleast 19,453 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza since the start of the war, according to the latest tally by the territory’s health ministry on Monday. 52,286 people have been injured, it said. Meanwhile, four Palestinians have been killed on Monday in the Faraa refugee camp, south of the West Bank city of Tubas, in an Israeli military raid, the Palestinian health ministry said.

The armed wing of Hamas, the al-Qassam Brigades, has released a video of three elderly Israeli men being held hostage in Gaza. One man said he was being held in harsh conditions with other elderly hostages suffering chronic illnesses. Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson Daniel Hagari said the video was “atrocious terror” that “shows the cruelty of Hamas against elderly civilians.”

The Qatari prime minister, Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, met the heads of the CIA and Israel’s Mossad spy agency on Monday to discuss a potential new deal to secure the release of Israeli hostages held by Hamas in Gaza, according to reports. But a Palestinian source familiar with the talks told the BBC that negotiations over a new temporary ceasefire “haven’t begun yet”.

The US has raised concerns with Israel after a mother and daughter were allegedly killed by an Israeli military sniper in a church compound in Gaza City, the White House said. The two women were killed inside the Holy Family parish in Gaza City on Saturday, according to the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem. Most of Gaza’s Christian families have taken refuge in the compound since the start of the war. The most senior Catholic cleric in England said the shooting was a “cold–blooded killing” that did “nothing to further Israel’s right to defend itself”. The IDF has appeared to deny responsibility for the deaths.

Human Rights Watch has accused Israel of committing a war crime by starving people in the Gaza Strip who continued to face relentless attacks in the war with Hamas militants. “The Israeli government is using starvation of civilians as a method of warfare in the occupied Gaza Strip,” HRW said in a report. “World leaders should be speaking out against this abhorrent war crime.”

The US secretary of defence, Lloyd Austin, has announced the creation of a multinational operation in the Red Sea following a series of missile and drone attacks by Yemen’s Houthis. Austin, on a trip to Bahrain after talks in Tel Aviv earlier on Monday, said countries participating in the US-led initiative include the UK, Bahrain, Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Seychelles and Spain.

BP has halted all shipments of oil and gas through the Red Sea after a step-up in attacks on cargo ships by Houthi militants. The British oil company said it had paused shipping in the region indefinitely, citing a “deteriorating security situation” amid tensions in the Middle East. BP becomes the first oil company to directly halt its own shipping, after five big shipping firms stopped their vessels passing through the waters between Asia and Africa that connect Asia and Europe.

The UK Labour leader, Keir Starmer, has joined the prime minister, Rishi Sunak, in calling for a sustainable ceasefire in Gaza, as the political rhetoric continued to shift away from unqualified support for Israel’s assault in line with moves from the US and others.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #986 on: December 19, 2023, 12:53:27 am »
Keir Starmer joins Rishi Sunak in calling for sustainable ceasefire in Gaza

What happened to the last ceasefire?  And the one before that?  And the one before that?  And the hundreds before that?  Each and every time, it was the Palestinians who did not honor the terms of the ceasefire.  So why call for something that they already know will only handicap Israel?

(Note:  there was a ceasefire in effect on Oct 7.  How did that work out for Israel?)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #987 on: December 19, 2023, 01:01:17 am »

There is no two-state solution. It is a fantasy. I've been hearing that for years.

Not when the starting point for one side is the demise of the other side
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #988 on: December 19, 2023, 01:26:36 am »
NBC’s Mitchell on Antisemitism Spike: Israel Lost Sympathy After Bombing Refugee Camp

Ian Hanchett 18 Dec 2023

During an interview with Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Antisemitism Amb. Deborah Lipstadt on Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” host and NBC News Chief Washington Correspondent and Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell responded to Lipstadt talking about the surge in global antisemitism by stating that “One thing that occurs is that there was so much sympathy for Israel after October 7. It turned rather quickly. And my feeling, anecdotally, is it really turned after the bombing of the refugee camp.”

Mitchell began the interview by stating, “This is a tough time.”

Lipstadt responded, “It’s a very tough time. When I first came into office, it was busy. There was a rise, there was a surge in antisemitism already then, but now we’re seeing a tsunami. And it’s — you’ve mentioned two instances here in the United States, but it’s across the world. I’ve been, since October 7, in Italy, France, Germany, Canada, and now in Israel, but in all those European countries and in Canada, people are afraid. A mother in France said to me, I took my child out of the general school — the public schools as we would call it — because he was being subjected to taunts and calls, etc. But, now, Hamas — the day of supposed terror that Hamas [threatened], I sent him to a Jewish school. I don’t know if he’s safe there. I don’t know what to do. And it was very poignant, very poignant.”

Mitchell then said, “One thing that occurs is that there was so much sympathy for Israel after October 7. It turned rather quickly. And my feeling, anecdotally, is it really turned after the bombing of the refugee camp.”

Lipstadt then cut in to add, “And the hospital.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/18/nbcs-mitchell-on-antisemitism-spike-israel-lost-sympathy-after-bombing-refugee-camp/
Support the USO

Online DB

« Reply #989 on: December 19, 2023, 03:27:07 am »
So much for the truth...

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #990 on: December 19, 2023, 12:35:28 pm »
Israel Defense Forces
@IDF
🔴ELIMINATED: Subhi Ferwana.

Alongside his brother, he funneled tens of millions through his company 'Hamsat' to fund Hamas' military forces, terrorists' salaries and war activities.

The IDF, ISA and other security forces will continue their efforts to dismantle Hamas’ funding lifeline.

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1737047329679482899

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #991 on: December 19, 2023, 12:42:24 pm »
Israel Radar
@IsraelRadar_com
·
IDF makes significant progress in Khan Younis operations after Special Forces seize undisclosed intelligence materials, @ynetalerts
 reports; no further details provided, but the report notes that Israel believes Hamas chief Sinwar is hiding in the area..

Israel Radar
@IsraelRadar_com
·
IDF moves deeper into southern Gaza in search of massive terror tunnels where Hamas chiefs are hiding; army calls on residents in western & southern Khan Younis to leave homes as forces head toward more Hamas hubs; Israel believes hostages also held underground. via @WallaNews

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #992 on: December 19, 2023, 12:47:19 pm »
i24NEWS English
@i24NEWS_EN
·
‘Israel never faced a dynamic of 1300 killed, 240 hostages, nor did the countries throughout Europe and elsewhere…that with incredible temerity turn to Israel to tell us how we have to fight, and when we should stop’ @MirYamInstitute's CEO, @BenAnthony1948 tells @laura_i24

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1737076751270813953

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #993 on: December 19, 2023, 01:00:23 pm »
i24NEWS English
@i24NEWS_EN
·

WATCH: IDF soldiers located a production site and warehouse containing a large stockpile of rockets, explosive devices, and detailed maps of the tunnel network

📹- IDF Spokesperson's Unit

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1737082531449536925

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #994 on: December 19, 2023, 01:41:02 pm »
Report: Biden Administration Spying on Israel to Determine War Crimes

Israel’s tactics in prosecuting its war against Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip has reportedly been actively gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies with reports passed to lawmakers.

Politico reports while American officials say they withholding judgments in real-time about Israel’s observance of the laws of war, the gathered intelligence might allow it to make such assessments post-conflict as to the conduct of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in relation to international law.

The Politico report sets out:

The U.S. has collected intelligence and formulated detailed assessments related to both Israel and Hamas military movements and tactics in Gaza since the war began in October, according to two people familiar with the intelligence. That has included data on targeting by both sides, the weapons they appear to be using and the potential number of people killed in their ranks.

That information has been shared with members of Congress in several briefings, including with the members of the intelligence committees, the people said. Both individuals were granted anonymity to detail a sensitive issue.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2023/12/19/report-u-s-gathering-intel-it-could-use-to-judge-israels-war-conduct/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #995 on: December 19, 2023, 02:17:03 pm »
Ships turning off tracking systems to avoid Red Sea attacks: report

Some ships traveling through the Red Sea are now turning off their tracking systems to avoid being attacked by Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels, a report says.

The evasive maneuvers come as shippers, including Hapag Lloyd, MSC, Maersk, as well as BP and the oil tanker group Frontline, have announced that they will be rerouting their vessels from the area and sending them around South Africa instead.

The news agency, citing data from the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), reports that four MSC container ships in the Red Sea have had their transponders shut off since Sunday. The company on Saturday announced its intentions to avoid the area.

Other ships are trying to obscure their whereabouts by pinging their locations as being somewhere else when approaching the Yemen coastline, Ioannis Papadimitriou, a senior freight analyst at Vortexa – a ship tracking company – told Reuters.

Some ships reportedly have armed guards on board. At least 11 cargo vessels that passed through the Suez Canal are currently anchored in the Red Sea between Sudan and Saudi Arabia, Reuters also reported, citing LSEG data.

Fox Business' Greg Norman and Reuters contributed to this update.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #996 on: December 19, 2023, 02:25:58 pm »
Instant News Alerts
@InstaNewsAlerts
·
5m
JUST IN: Israeli President Herzog says Israel is prepared for another humanitarian pause in exchange for additional hostages released from Gaza
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #997 on: December 19, 2023, 02:33:33 pm »
Father of Israeli hostage mistakenly killed by IDF speaks out: ‘You murdered my son twice’
Alon Shamriz was one of 3 Israeli hostages accidentally killed in Gaza by the IDF
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News
Published December 19, 2023 7:07am EST

TOPSHOT - Relatives and friends, including the father Avi (2nd-R), mourn as they gather for the funeral of Alon Shamriz, mistakenly killed by Israeli forces in Gaza earlier in the week after being held by Hamas since the October 7 attack, in kibbutz Shefayim near Tel Aviv.

The father of one of the three Israeli hostages mistakenly killed by the IDF in Gaza grieved and lashed out at Israel's leaders on Tuesday.

Avi Shamriz' son, Alon, was killed along with two other Israeli hostages after they apparently escaped from Hamas custody and attempted to surrender to Israeli forces. IDF forces mistook them for Hamas terrorists and opened fire.

"I’m going to say this [to] the government. You murdered my son twice," the distraught father told NBC News. "You let Hamas take my son on Oct. 7, and you killed my son on Dec. 14."

Shamriz' message comes as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces mounting pressure to engage in another round of hostage negotiations with Hamas. Israel believes there are over 100 hostages still in Hamas custody, though it is unclear how many of them remain alive.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/father-israeli-hostage-mistakenly-killed-idf-speaks-you-murdered-my-son-twice
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #998 on: December 19, 2023, 02:39:46 pm »
Child Hostages Reveal Horrors of Hamas Captivity: ‘I’ve Never Seen So Many Lice’
One 3-year-old former hostage won't stop talking about 'red men' he saw on Oct. 7
Published 12/19/23 08:41 AM ET|Updated 32 min ago
Christopher Gavin

Children freed from Hamas captivity have returned to Israel malnourished, suffering from skin rashes and reluctant to talk about what they witnessed, according to Israeli doctors, who say some have even regressed developmentally in the seven weeks they were held hostage by the terror group.

“I’ve never seen so many lice,” Dr. Yael Mozer-Glassberg, who treated some of the 37 children released from Gaza so far at the Schneider Children’s Medical Center, told the Wall Street Journal.

The youngest of the 240 hostages taken by Hamas in the Oct. 7 terror attacks on southern Israel have been largely quiet about what they witnessed in the war-torn Gaza Strip, doctors who spoke with the Journal said.

If they spoke at all, many did only in hushed tones. In the little that they say, doctors have been left working to interpret their words, trying to determine the psychological toll they've been left to pay.

Efrat Bron-Harlev, chief executive of the Schneider Children’s Medical Center, told the Journal while most of the kids do not speak of the Oct. 7 attacks, one 3-year-old kept talking about "red men."

more
https://themessenger.com/news/child-hostages-reveal-horrors-of-hamas-captivity-lice-red-men
Support the USO

« Reply #999 on: December 19, 2023, 03:39:46 pm »
Israel Defense Forces
@IDF
🔴ELIMINATED: Subhi Ferwana.

Alongside his brother, he funneled tens of millions through his company 'Hamsat' to fund Hamas' military forces, terrorists' salaries and war activities.

The IDF, ISA and other security forces will continue their efforts to dismantle Hamas’ funding lifeline

Start here ---

'Buying Quiet’: Inside the Israeli Plan That Propped Up Hamas
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gambled that a strong Hamas (but not too strong) would keep the peace and reduce pressure for a Palestinian state.
NY Times, Dec 10, 2023

Just weeks before Hamas launched the deadly Oct. 7 attacks on Israel, the head of Mossad arrived in Doha, Qatar, for a meeting with Qatari officials.

For years, the Qatari government had been sending millions of dollars a month into the Gaza Strip — money that helped prop up the Hamas government there. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel not only tolerated those payments, he had encouraged them.

During his meetings in September with the Qatari officials, according to several people familiar with the secret discussions, the Mossad chief, David Barnea, was asked a question that had not been on the agenda: Did Israel want the payments to continue?

Mr. Netanyahu’s government had recently decided to continue the policy, so Mr. Barnea said yes. The Israeli government still welcomed the money from Doha.

Allowing the payments — billions of dollars over roughly a decade — was a gamble by Mr. Netanyahu that a steady flow of money would maintain peace in Gaza, the eventual launching point of the Oct. 7 attacks, and keep Hamas focused on governing, not fighting

In interviews with more than two dozen current and former Israeli, American and Qatari officials, and officials from other Middle Eastern governments, The New York Times unearthed new details about the origins of the policy, the controversies that erupted inside the Israeli government and the lengths that Mr. Netanyahu went to in order to shield the Qataris from criticism and keep the money flowing.

The payments were part of a string of decisions by Israeli political leaders, military officers and intelligence officials — all based on the fundamentally flawed assessment that Hamas was neither interested in nor capable of a large-scale attack

More:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/10/world/middleeast/israel-qatar-money-prop-up-hamas.html