Author Topic: New Report: Blue State Residents Pay A LOT More For Energy Than Red States  (Read 359 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Report: Blue State Residents Pay A LOT More For Energy Than Red States
Residents of blue states with aggressive climate policies are paying significantly more for electricity and fuel than red states, according to a new report by the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC).

California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New York, and New Jersey are seven of the top eight continental states in terms of the highest average retail electricity prices in 2023, according to ALEC’s report. [emphasis, links added]

Each of these states has some sort of green energy mandate, which the ALEC report refers to as a Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS), or participates in a greenhouse gas cap-and-trade program, or both.

“As Americans continue facing risks to their energy needs, recent government policies implemented in the name of political agendas ignore the real-life realities Americans face as a consequence,” ALEC’s Energy, Environment and Agriculture Task Force Manager Joe Trotter said of the report and its findings.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-report-blue-state-residents-pay-a-lot-more-for-energy-than-red-states/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: New Report: Blue State Residents Pay A LOT More For Energy Than Red States
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 06:17:30 pm »
Let them pay for the policies they support
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 06:33:48 pm »
Yup, because the Global Climate Change Komissars will block any attempt to expand energy infrastructure capacity to meet demand.

What the idiots don't realize is that more people are supplementing their oil, gas, and propane heat with buring wood to save on energy bills.

I can smell when my neighbors are burning wood for heat.  Burning wood emits airborne particulates that fossil-fuel heat sources don't.  Burning wood is not as filthy as burning coal, but it is much filthier than natural gas heat.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 07:55:33 pm »
Yup, because the Global Climate Change Komissars will block any attempt to expand energy infrastructure capacity to meet demand.

What the idiots don't realize is that more people are supplementing their oil, gas, and propane heat with buring wood to save on energy bills.

I can smell when my neighbors are burning wood for heat.  Burning wood emits airborne particulates that fossil-fuel heat sources don't.  Burning wood is not as filthy as burning coal, but it is much filthier than natural gas heat.
"I can smell when my neighbors are burning wood for heat.  Burning wood emits airborne particulates that fossil-fuel heat sources don't.  Burning wood is not as filthy as burning coal, but it is much filthier than natural gas"

Burning wood for heating has shown to dramatically elevate the risk of lung disease for women a number of studies have shown.
From the Daily Mirror Oct 14, 2023:
"Research reveals that indoor wood stoves and fireplaces increase women’s risk of lung cancer by 43%."