Author Topic: Business owner says he's 'done' with San Francisco, claims government cares more about injection sit  (Read 924 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Business owner says he's 'done' with San Francisco, claims government cares more about injection sites
Story by Alexander Hall  •
1d

A longtime owner of multiple businesses in San Francisco, California condemned local leaders for failing to keep the city safe for small businesses.

The SF Chronicle reported that Mark Sackett has owned a "South of Market building with a printmaker, antiques shop and events venue called the Box SF for almost two decades" but now faces "financial ruin because he’s been unable to refinance a $2.5 million mortgage due in February." As a result, his building is allegedly scheduled to be auctioned "at a massive loss" in January, as he anticipates his other businesses will be forced to close as well.

"Sackett blames widespread drug use, violence and filthy streets in the neighborhood for his inability to address his loan. Since the pandemic, the area has fallen to the worst condition Sackett has ever experienced," the SF Chronicle reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/business-owner-says-he-s-done-with-san-francisco-claims-government-cares-more-about-injection-sites/ar-AA1kt3CF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c77a0f4c56014e7b9f1bf9e2fcea1a8d&ei=210
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Business owner says he's 'done' with San Francisco, claims government cares more about injection sites
Story by Alexander Hall  •
1d

A longtime owner of multiple businesses in San Francisco, California condemned local leaders for failing to keep the city safe for small businesses.

The SF Chronicle reported that Mark Sackett has owned a "South of Market building with a printmaker, antiques shop and events venue called the Box SF for almost two decades" but now faces "financial ruin because he’s been unable to refinance a $2.5 million mortgage due in February." As a result, his building is allegedly scheduled to be auctioned "at a massive loss" in January, as he anticipates his other businesses will be forced to close as well.

"Sackett blames widespread drug use, violence and filthy streets in the neighborhood for his inability to address his loan. Since the pandemic, the area has fallen to the worst condition Sackett has ever experienced," the SF Chronicle reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/business-owner-says-he-s-done-with-san-francisco-claims-government-cares-more-about-injection-sites/ar-AA1kt3CF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c77a0f4c56014e7b9f1bf9e2fcea1a8d&ei=210
Another Governor Noisome success story!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the neighborhood malaise can be traced to official policy, that policy has reduced the value of his assets and could constitute an illegal 'taking' by the Government, worthy of pecuniary compensation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis