Author Topic: Hulu log in problems  (Read 337 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hulu log in problems
« on: November 24, 2023, 11:51:24 pm »
Ok,so I decided to sign-up with Hulu  again,and they made me create a new username and password because my old computer died,along with  the saved usernames and  passwords.

So I did,and I STILL can't log into Hulu because they seem to think I don't live in the US,despite  my server being in the US.

Customer service is a freaking joke. I  am supposed to log in so I can ask a chat group  what to do,but HTH can  I log in when their  software won't accept my username  and password?

All these companies shifting over to robot services is really  starting  to give me a serious freaking  attitude. HTH  are you supposed to communicate with a freaking robot?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Hulu log in problems
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 12:06:45 am »
It is your WiFi setup with the network. HULU is displaying 'out of service area' because it thinks you are somewhere else.
You have to call your internet provider and have them check your home address, router MAC adx and router serial number.
Essentially, you have to reinstall your router on your provider's system. It has nothing to do with HULU.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 12:13:28 am »
I have been watching Tubi. Free tv with some short ads. I watched Shawshank Redemption and Quigley Down Under today.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 12:19:19 am »
I have been watching Tubi. Free tv with some short ads. I watched Shawshank Redemption and Quigley Down Under today.

"Said I didn't have any use for them...never said I didn't know how to use one!" - Quigley
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 12:37:58 am »
@sneakypete

What are you trying to log in with? Use the same browser and device that you paid the subscription with/ changed the passwords with... Any joy?

As an aside ALL my online subscriptions are made inside my Firefox browser, and  since I log into the browser, any user names or passwords are automatically saved by the browser and distributed across all my devices that carry Firefox - Which is all if them. So no matter what I log into a channel with, the user and pwd are always there, and it does not get lost.

Secondly, if your browser has recorded the password it may have recorded more than one. Be sure you are only being offered one choice, or it may be another.

And lastly, most sites require a registered device, and may have more than one instance of that device logged at the site. You should be able to get to your account on the site with about any device (even if it won't let you play) and go look at registered devices in your account settings, and clear out all instances except the current one, or current ones, if you use more than one device to access the site. If any question, just get rid of them all and re-register devices as you access again each time.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:40:14 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 01:12:15 am »
It is your WiFi setup with the network. HULU is displaying 'out of service area' because it thinks you are somewhere else.
You have to call your internet provider and have them check your home address, router MAC adx and router serial number.
Essentially, you have to reinstall your router on your provider's system. It has nothing to do with HULU.

@240B

Thanks! I have copied and pasted your post to my computer,and will try that tomorrow,when I am rested and maybe a little more alert. Chemo Brain is a VERY real bad thing. It flat took away my short-term memory.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 01:20:23 am »
@sneakypete

What are you trying to log in with? Use the same browser and device that you paid the subscription with/ changed the passwords with... Any joy?

@roamer_1

Tried that with a new password and new email address,and they seemed to accept it,but then they wouldn't let me log on. Plus all the "help" at Hulu is either a robot or a chat group of users,which would probably make me even more confused than I am already.

As an aside ALL my online subscriptions are made inside my Firefox browser, and  since I log into the browser, any user names or passwords are automatically saved by the browser and distributed across all my devices that carry Firefox - Which is all if them. So no matter what I log into a channel with, the user and pwd are always there, and it does not get lost.

Same here,but my internet provider of many years split into two different companies,and I have had nothing but trouble since. Took me a couple of months to even be able to pay  my  bill,and that only happened then because I was finally able to connect to a help line with  an America tech. No "speakee words" to rassle with.

Secondly, if your browser has recorded the password it may have recorded more than one. Be sure you are only being offered one choice, or it may be another.

And lastly, most sites require a registered device, and may have more than one instance of that device logged at the site. You should be able to get to your account on the site with about any device (even if it won't let you play) and go look at registered devices in your account settings, and clear out all instances except the current one, or current ones, if you use more than one device to access the site. If any question, just get rid of them all and re-register devices as you access again each time.

Too much for me to take in all at one time. Their software let me create  a new user name and password,and then wouldn't accept either for log in purposes. Makes my head hurt.

Hope that helps.

Well,you did make a valiant effort,but I suspect it will be too much  information for me to absorb at one sitting. I will try again tomorrow if my head is clearer when  I wake up.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 09:56:19 am »
I have found a lot of movies on Tubi lately, while other channels seem to have stagnated.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis