Author Topic: Former sergeant major of the Army talks fitness, fate of the leg tuck  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former sergeant major of the Army talks fitness, fate of the leg tuck
By Todd South
 Tuesday, Nov 21

Former Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston after doing morning doing PT with soldiers from the 1st Combat Aviation Brigade. (Army)
Recently retired Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston discussed Army fitness and nutrition in recent years and some unfinished business in those areas he hopes his successor will resolve.

“I left (Sergeant Major of the Army) Mike Weimer a big, long list of stuff,” Grinston said.

Grinston was a guest on the podcast “MOPs & MOEs”, which released the episode Sunday. The podcast focuses on human performance, health and nutrition primarily for a military audience. It has previously featured other Army leaders and experts on those topics.

During the hour-long podcast, Grinston spoke about efforts he and his staff made to improve the quality, options and service at dining facilities across the Army, the Army Combat Fitness Test and the Holistic Health and Fitness program, also known as H2F. Grinston also took a moment to share his opinion on leg tucks, a feature of the original ACFT that was later cut from the program.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/11/21/former-sergeant-major-of-the-army-talks-fitness-fate-of-the-leg-tuck/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson