Author Topic: Massachusetts High School Cancels Student-Created 'USA Day', Calls 'Unification' Idea Too ‘Politiciz  (Read 375 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Massachusetts High School Cancels Student-Created 'USA Day', Calls 'Unification' Idea Too ‘Politicized’
Story by Warner Todd Huston  •
1d

The woke administration of a Massachusetts high school has canceled its planned "USA Day" because officials say it is "too political" and not inclusive enough.

Led by principal Jamie Chisum, the administration of Wellesley High School in Wellesley decided to dump the day from its "spirit week" schedule "because it felt really different than the other themes," Chisum said in a letter to students and parents, according to WFXT-TV Boston.

The principal tried to explain the reasoning for dropping the patriotic celebration in favor of "Fitness Friday."

"We felt that the topic has been politicized beyond our school and we wanted to avoid politics," Chisum wrote.

"We’ve had Mismatch Monday, Tropical Tuesday, Western Wednesday, Team Jersey Thursday and today was Fitness Friday. Monday is Monochrome Monday and Tuesday is Pajama day," he said. "Spirit Week is intended to be a light and fun way for our students to get excited about our pep rally and Thanksgiving Day football game."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/massachusetts-high-school-cancels-student-created-usa-day-calls-unification-idea-too-politicized/ar-AA1kjrrP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=000dd60a3f8e450d9d1b1a17d9098dda&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's Massachusetts.
Or in other words, "can't be fixed"...