Author Topic: Catholic All-Girls College Will Admit Men Who Identify as Trans Women  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Catholic All-Girls College Will Admit Men Who Identify as Trans Women
Mary Margaret Olohan / @MaryMargOlohan / November 22, 2023

Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana, will begin allowing men who identify as women to enroll at the college in the fall of 2024, an email obtained by The Daily Signal shows.

President Katie Conboy told faculty in an email sent Tuesday afternoon that “Saint Mary’s will consider undergraduate applicants whose sex assigned at birth is female or who consistently live and identify as women.” That news was first reported by the Notre Dame student newspaper, The Observer.

The college is still determining the “practices that will follow from the policy,” Conboy’s email said. She wrote that she selected a group of individuals to serve on a “President’s Task Force for Gender Identity and Expression” that is “charged with gathering information and best practices from other Catholic colleges and women’s colleges and will present their recommendations on student housing considerations.”

“We are by no means the first Catholic women’s college to adopt a policy with this scope,” Conboy wrote in the email. “In drafting the language for this update, I have relied on the guidance of the Executive Team and others to ensure that our message is not only in line with best practices for today’s college students, but that it also encompasses our commitment to operate as a Catholic women’s college.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/11/22/catholic-all-girls-college-will-admit-men-identify-trans-women/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Catholic All-Girls College Will Admit Men Who Identify as Trans Women
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 05:55:27 pm »
Will those "girls" have to shave every day? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 06:12:57 pm »
I'll take " Which college is desperate for revenue for $200, Alex."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 06:14:41 pm »
Lord help us! All I can say is that the Catholic religion and the Pope are in need of some serious divine intervention.

I will continue to call my self Catholic as that is the religion that I was baptized into and my Catholic upbringing is much different than the 'standards' of today.  I will continue to adhere to what I believe in -- and continue to read the Bible and have faith.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.