Author Topic: NYU’s Israeli alumni cut ties over president ‘whitewashing’ antisemitic chant as ‘not that bad’  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYU’s Israeli alumni cut ties over president ‘whitewashing’ antisemitic chant as ‘not that bad’
By Social Links forJoshua Rhett Miller
Published Nov. 21, 2023, 1:50 p.m. ET

New York University’s Israeli alumni severed ties with the institution Tuesday over its failure to tackle antisemitism — and after its president allegedly played down the incendiary “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” chant as “not that bad.”

The 2,000-strong NYU Alumni Club of Israel slammed NYU president Linda Mills and told board of trustees chairman Evan Chesler that it would drop ties until the institution tackled antisemitism head-on.

The group wrote to Mills and Chesler after a series of on-campus incidents, including a junior admitting to tearing down posters of Hamas kidnapping victims and a “hostile takeover” of Bobst Library earlier this month at which a masked protester was caught on video repeatedly spitting on a banner bearing the word “Jewish.”

One group of Jewish students said they faced chants of “Hitler was right” and “Gas the Jews.”

https://nypost.com/2023/11/21/news/nyus-israeli-alumni-cuts-ties-over-antisemitism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet if someone were to say to her the treatment of gays isn't all that bad she would go into convulsions on the spot. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson