Author Topic: New York Governor Kathy Hochul Announces Plans to Implement Pre-Crime Surveillance, Target Online “H  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Issue: November 21, 2023
New York Governor Kathy Hochul Announces Plans to Implement Pre-Crime Surveillance, Target Online “Hate”
Expanding the scope of a surveillance unit that was established after the 2022 Buffalo mass shooting.

By Tom Parker
Posted 1:10 pm

If you're tired of censorship and dystopian threats against civil liberties, subscribe to Reclaim The Net.

In a press conference today, New York Governor Kathy Hochul outlined her administration’s aggressive new strategy for combating online “hate” and implementing pre-crime-esque online surveillance.

As part of this approach, New York’s Threat Assessment and Management Teams (TAM teams), which were established in August 2022 in response to the Buffalo mass shooting, will extend their efforts and start targeting speech surrounding the conflict in the Middle East, with a focus on preventing crimes before they occur. TAM teams will be given an additional $3 million investment for their implementation across New York State college campuses.

“We’re creating strategies, first time ever, to help identify hate at the source and prevent crimes before they occur,” Hochul said.

https://reclaimthenet.org/new-york-kathy-hochul-pre-crime-online-hate
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Implement Pre-Crime Surveillance

Isn't that a fancy way of saying spying on Americans without a warrant?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Too bad she doesn't care about illegal immigrant crime - just white folks supposedly hating on people.
Viral News NYC
@ViralNewsNYC
Homeless boy, 15, charged with stabbing two men, killing one, is migrant from Guatemala: NYPD.
The 15-year-old boy charged with stabbing two men — one of them fatally — in a crime-ridden Lower East Side park is a “new arrival” from Guatemala who lashed out during an argument in a homeless encampment, police officials said Tuesday.

The teenage murder suspect, who has not been publicly identified because he is a minor, got to the US within the past year alone, NYPD Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny told reporters, adding that cops were trying to track down the youngster’s family
Story at NY Post: https://t.co/nfks2XHNnr
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org