Author Topic: Open AI’s wild week. How the Sam Altman story unfolded  (Read 250 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Open AI’s wild week. How the Sam Altman story unfolded
« on: November 22, 2023, 02:15:32 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/tech/openai-sam-altman-chaos-explained-intl-hnk/index.html

<snip>
New York/New Delhi
CNN
 —
In a year of wild tech stories that has seen Elon Musk transform Twitter, cryptocurrency exchange FTX collapse and Silicon Valley Bank implode, this week’s whiplash-inducing turmoil at OpenAI is among the most captivating.

Sam Altman — the leader of one of the world’s most influential AI companies, OpenAI, and perhaps the most visible figure in the fledgling industry — was fired Friday night by the startup’s directors in a surprise move. Less than five days later, he’s back as the company’s CEO, now with a board that is, in theory, more supportive of his vision.

=====================================================================================

Any one else watching this?  Wowza!!!   I'd paid a $100 to be at MS headquarters yesterday, I bet it was wild!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Open AI’s wild week. How the Sam Altman story unfolded
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 03:03:53 pm »
It looked like Open AI would have been toast if they wouldn't have brought him back.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley