Author Topic: Ken Pax­ton Sues Pfiz­er and Tris Phar­ma for Defraud­ing Texas Med­ic­aid and Pro­vid­ing Adul­ter­  (Read 1040 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-sues-pfizer-and-tris-pharma-defrauding-texas-medicaid-and-providing

Attor­ney Gen­er­al Ken Pax­ton Sues Pfiz­er and Tris Phar­ma for Defraud­ing Texas Med­ic­aid and Pro­vid­ing Adul­ter­at­ed Phar­ma­ceu­ti­cal Drugs to Children

The Office of the Attorney General’s Civil Medicaid Fraud Division has sued Pfizer, Inc., Tris Pharma, Inc. and Tris CEO Ketan Mehta for defrauding the Texas Medicaid program by providing adulterated pharmaceutical drugs to Texas children in violation of the Texas Medicaid Fraud Prevention Act, now known as the Texas Health Care Program Fraud Prevention Act (“THFPA”).   

Pfizer contracted with Tris, a drug manufacturer, to produce a pediatric attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder medication (“ADHD”), Quillivant XR. Pfizer knowingly distributed Quillivant to children on Medicaid despite the drug’s pattern of failing quality control tests due to flawed manufacturing practices. For years, Tris altered the drug’s testing method in violation of federal and state laws to ensure Quillivant passed regulatory hurdles and could continue to be sold. 

Despite knowing about these serious problems, Pfizer misrepresented to the Medicaid program that Quillivant was in compliance with federal and state law, and concealed from Medicaid decision-makers the fact that Quillivant was an adulterated drug. As a result of these misrepresentations and concealments, Pfizer and Tris obtained the benefit of taxpayer-funded Medicaid reimbursement for Quillivant.   

From 2012 to 2018, Pfizer and Tris continually manipulated Quillivant testing to hide poor manufacturing practices and defraud the Texas Medicaid program. During this time, many families complained that the medication failed to work.

“I am horrified by the dishonesty we uncovered in this investigation,” said Attorney General Paxton. “Pfizer and Tris intentionally concealed and failed to disclose the issues with Quillivant to receive taxpayer funded benefits through Texas Medicaid, defrauding the state and endangering children. Our Civil Medicaid Fraud Division has done an outstanding job holding these pharmaceutical companies accountable.” 

The filing explains: “At no point did Defendants warn Texas Medicaid providers or decision-makers that Quillivant had known manufacturing issues affecting its efficacy, thereby depriving the Medicaid program of the crucial information it relies on.… As a result, thousands of Texas children received an adulterated Schedule II Controlled Dangerous Substance.”

The lawsuit was initially filed under seal, but the judge has since unsealed the petition at the Attorney General's request. To read the unsealed petition, click here.

Online mountaineer

Attorney General Ken Paxton
@KenPaxtonTX
BREAKING:🚨 I am suing Pfizer for misrepresenting Covid-19 vaccine efficacy and conspiring to censor public discourse.
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-sues-pfizer-misrepresenting-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-and-conspiring
November 30, 2023 | Press Release
Attor­ney Gen­er­al Ken Pax­ton Sues Pfiz­er for Mis­rep­re­sent­ing COVID-19 Vac­cine Effi­ca­cy and Con­spir­ing to Cen­sor Pub­lic Discourse

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has sued Pfizer, Inc., for unlawfully misrepresenting the effectiveness of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine and attempting to censor public discussion of the product.

Pfizer engaged in false, deceptive, and misleading acts and practices by making unsupported claims regarding the company’s COVID-19 vaccine in violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

The pharmaceutical company's widespread representation that its vaccine possessed 95% efficacy against infection was highly misleading. That metric represented a calculation of the so-called “relative risk reduction” for vaccinated individuals in Pfizer’s initial, two-month clinical trial results. FDA publications indicate “relative risk reduction” is a misleading statistic that “unduly influence(s]” consumer choice. Pfizer was also put on notice at that time that vaccine protection could not accurately be predicted beyond two months. Nevertheless, Pfizer fostered a misleading impression that vaccine protection was durable and withheld from the public information that undermined its claims about the duration of protection. And, despite the fact that its clinical trial failed to measure whether the vaccine protects against transmission, Pfizer embarked on a campaign to intimidate the public into getting the vaccine as a necessary measure to protect their loved ones.

In fact, Pfizer’s product failed to live up to the company’s representations. COVID-19 cases increased after widespread vaccine administration, and some areas saw a greater percentage of deaths from COVID-19 among the vaccinated population than the unvaccinated. When the failure of its product became apparent, Pfizer then pivoted to silencing truth-tellers. The lawsuit notes: “How did Pfizer respond when it became apparent that its vaccine was failing and the viability of its cash cow was threatened? By intimidating those spreading the truth, and by conspiring to censor its critics. Pfizer labeled as ‘criminals’ those who spread facts about the vaccine. It accused them of spreading ‘misinformation.’ And it coerced social media platforms to silence prominent truth-tellers.”

“We are pursuing justice for the people of Texas, many of whom were coerced by tyrannical vaccine mandates to take a defective product sold by lies,” said Attorney General Paxton. “The facts are clear. Pfizer did not tell the truth about their COVID-19 vaccines. Whereas the Biden Administration weaponized the pandemic to force illegal public health decrees on the public and enrich pharmaceutical companies, I will use every tool I have to protect our citizens who were misled and harmed by Pfizer’s actions.”

The lawsuit follows Attorney General Paxton’s investigation into Pfizer and other vaccine manufacturers announced earlier this year.
To read the petition, click here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Now you know why the lawfare bastards were determined to remove Ken Paxton from office!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Now you know why the lawfare bastards were determined to remove Ken Paxton from office!

Yes that was the first thought I had when I read this headline. Shows you where that branch of the Republican party puts their true allegiance: not with the people, but with corporations.
Let it burn.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yes that was the first thought I had when I read this headline. Shows you where that branch of the Republican party puts their true allegiance: not with the people, but with corporations.
With donors...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Let it burn.

Offline berdie

Everything comes out eventually, doesn't it? But didn't I read that the drug companies that developed the vaccines were immune from lawsuits? :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Everything comes out eventually, doesn't it? But didn't I read that the drug companies that developed the vaccines were immune from lawsuits? :shrug:
They had a liability waiver under the EUA, but I'm not sure that covers willful deception about the efficacy and/or duration of effectiveness of the product. One covers 'medical misadventures' and unforeseen adverse effects, but the other is close to, if not outright, fraud.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:50:37 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They had a liability waiver under the EUA, but I'm not sure that covers willful deception about the efficacy and/or duration of effectiveness of the product. One covers 'medical misadventures' and unforeseen adverse effects, but the other is close to, if not outright, fraud.

They couldn't have marketed their vaccines at all without that EUA and couldn't get that if there were other treatments available which meant Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and other things had to be consigned to the ash heap.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If it does not prevent infection and it does not prevent spread of the disease, then it cannot be legitimately called a 'vaccine'.
This is why so many in healthcare, government, and media, are now calling it "the Covid shot" instead of Covid vaccine.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

They couldn't have marketed their vaccines at all without that EUA and couldn't get that if there were other treatments available which meant Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and other things had to be consigned to the ash heap.
I have been saying that since they started attacking them. It was to preserve the EUA that viable and effective early onset treatments were maligned and positive data was censored.
I knew hydroxychloroquine wasn't "deadly" in clinical doses, my mother had been taking it for years for RA. Right up front, I knew that was bullsh*t. After the publication bragging about creating the Chimera with Bat spike protein and SARS in Chapel Hill, and the almost instantaneous coordinated denigration of any treatment I smelled a boatload of rats.

Tens of Billions of dollars were at stake, and they cashed in.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

If it does not prevent infection and it does not prevent spread of the disease, then it cannot be legitimately called a 'vaccine'.
This is why so many in healthcare, government, and media, are now calling it "the Covid shot" instead of Covid vaccine.
Remember they changed the definition of "vaccine" to try and take those shots in.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I know most people on this board cannot imagine this. I cannot comprehend it myself.

How would you live your life in a gigantic mansion, with millions in the bank, knowing you killed even indirectly hundreds of thousands of people to get it? Pharmaceutical companies and government officials worldwide live with this all the time. It is some kind of psychopathic greed that drives them.

They were willing to drive good soldiers out of the military and the police force. They were ready and willing to get people fired and to shutter businesses which were decades old. All for a hoax. All for their own self-enrichment.

I do not want to be a billionaire that badly. I do not understand how these people sleep at night.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 06:09:00 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I have been saying that since they started attacking them. It was to preserve the EUA that viable and effective early onset treatments were maligned and positive data was censored.
I knew hydroxychloroquine wasn't "deadly" in clinical doses, my mother had been taking it for years for RA. Right up front, I knew that was bullsh*t. After the publication bragging about creating the Chimera with Bat spike protein and SARS in Chapel Hill, and the almost instantaneous coordinated denigration of any treatment I smelled a boatload of rats.

Tens of Billions of dollars were at stake, and they cashed in.

Of course, they did! With their handmaidens in Washington aiding them at every turn!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breaking: Paxton Sues Pfizer

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=56548

Texas attorney general Ken Paxton announced Thursday that his office is suing Pfizer, claiming that the company violated state law when it allegedly lied about the efficacy of its Covid-19 vaccine.

Paxton’s office claims the pharmaceutical giant violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act by engaging in “false, deceptive, and misleading acts and practices by making unsupported claims” about the vaccine.

Paxton claimed Pfizer relied on a “relative risk reduction” assessment to arrive at the 95 percent efficacy figure. The FDA says such assessments leave patients “unduly influenced” and vulnerable to “suboptimal decisions.”

“We are pursuing justice for the people of Texas, many of whom were coerced by tyrannical vaccine mandates to take a defective product sold by lies,” Paxton said in a statement. “The facts are clear. Pfizer did not tell the truth about their COVID-19 vaccines. Whereas the Biden Administration weaponized the pandemic to force illegal public health decrees on the public and enrich pharmaceutical companies, I will use every tool I have to protect our citizens who were misled and harmed by Pfizer’s actions.”

The lawsuit comes nearly eight months after Paxton first announced plans to investigate Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson for their potentially misleading claims about the efficacy of each of their Covid shots and whether or not they “engaged in gain-of-function research.”

Absent from the press release is whether Pfizer engaged in false, deceptive and misleading acts and practices in supressing information about adverse side effects from their vaccine. I hope the Attorney General’s office is pursuing that line of inquiry as well.

Ten days ago, the AG office announced it was suing Pfizer and Tri Pharma over “providing adulterated pharmaceutical drugs to Texas children in violation of the Texas Medicaid Fraud Prevention Act.”

If the Powers That Be expected their attempted impeachment to throw a scare into Paxton, they were obviously mistaken. Was Pfizer one of those shadowy Powers? It wouldn’t surprise me. I note that Texas House Speaker (and Paxton nemesis) Dade Phalen received campaign contributions from Pfizer in the 2022 and 2014 election cycles, which is…interesting, but hardly an iron-clad case.

More at link.