Author Topic: NYU cancer doctor sues hospital, school over pro-Israel posts, says he's a 'sacrificial lamb'  (Read 251 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News by Louis Casiano 11/20/2023

Neel said he was a 'sacrificial lamb' so NYU Langone Health’s Perlmutter Cancer Center could justify the firing of another employee, his lawsuit claims

The former director of a New York University cancer center is suing the hospital and the university itself over his dismissal, alleging he was terminated because of pro-Israel social media posts some online claimed were racist against Arabs.

Benjamin Neel, the former director of NYU Langone Health’s Perlmutter Cancer Center, said he was fired this month without due process and that he was discriminated against because of religion, Washington Square News, NYU's student newspaper, reported.

Neel, who’d held the director role for nine years and is still a tenured professor at the university but no longer sees patients, said he was fired for reposting tweets on X that criticized those who supported violence against Israelis. Some online accused Neel of sharing anti-Arab sentiment, "racist tropes, justification of collective punishment to glorification of violence."

Among the retweets was a cartoon showing a group of protesters holding signs including one that says "BEHEADING IS RESISTANCE" and "I HEART HAMAS," the New York Post reported. A third retweet is a cartoon showing negotiations between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and a member of Hamas who is holding a piece of paper saying: "DEMANDS — DEATH TO ALL JEWS."

More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyu-cancer-doctor-sues-hospital-school-over-pro-israel-posts-says-sacrificial-lamb?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Cut the Old World Holy War crap ... keep it up, we'll send everybody back to the $h!tholes from which they, or their ancestors, were trying to escape.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.