Author Topic: Over 75% Of Democrats Support Abortion For Any Reason: POLL  (Read 599 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Over 75% Of Democrats Support Abortion For Any Reason: POLL
« on: November 21, 2023, 02:17:00 pm »

Kate Anderson
Contributor
November 20, 2023 3:23 PM ET
Font Size:

Over 75% of Democratic voters support access to abortion for any reason, while bipartisan support is at the highest it’s been since the 1970s, according to a new Wall Street Journal-NORC poll published Monday.

Since the Supreme Court declared in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Center that abortion is not a constitutional right in June 2022, voters have weighed in on the issue at the state level, with pro-abortion advocates successfully passing seven ballot initiatives in the last year and a half. A poll found that support for abortion is reaching some of the highest levels seen since Roe v. Wade, with 77% of Democrats responding that they would support women having access to abortion for any reason, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Those numbers are up from 2016, when only 52% responded affirmatively to allowing abortion for any reason, according to the WSJ. Just over 50% of independents agreed, while Republican support came in much lower at 33%, down from 34.72% in 2021.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/20/over-75-democrats-support-abortion-any-reason-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Over 75% Of Democrats Support Abortion For Any Reason: POLL
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 06:54:14 pm »
And molest and mutilate the ones who survive.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 11:17:36 pm »
"Over 75% of Democratic voters support access to abortion for any reason..."

75%?
I'm actually surprised it's not higher.

Point of reference:
In the recent Ohio election to create a liberalized state constitutional amendment on abortion, something like 19% -- about one in five -- REPUBLICAN women voted for it.

Something to ponder.

The issue is actually going to become MORE influential in the 2024 elections, because numerous states are probably going to have public initiatives for liberalizing abortion on the ballots -- drawing liberal females out in droves.

Something else to ponder:
When the Supreme Court decided Dobbs, they didn't "hand the victory" to the right ... they handed it to The Party...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 11:31:17 pm »

That 75% number includes 100% of Democrat men and 50% of Democrat women.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 12:49:10 pm »
I was once arguing the issue of abortion with a male lefty, who of course argued that nobody had the right to contradict a mother:s choice, etc..

So I asked if aborting babies because they were female, and the culture valued female children less, must be acceptable too.

And he said no, that society couldn't permit that because it was an evil motive.  So all the crap about "choice" went right out the window.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 05:21:00 pm »
I was once arguing the issue of abortion with a male lefty, who of course argued that nobody had the right to contradict a mother:s choice, etc..

So I asked if aborting babies because they were female, and the culture valued female children less, must be acceptable too.

And he said no, that society couldn't permit that because it was an evil motive.  So all the crap about "choice" went right out the window.

Yep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 05:44:57 pm »
Yep.

I tried that argument out once on another lefty -- that one a woman -- and same result.  They opposed legalizing sex-selective abortion, but couldn't articulate how that squared with the "right to control their own bodies".  Forcing them to choose between "a woman's right to choose" and sex-selective abortion is something they're not programmed to address, so it's kind of fun to trigger than and watch them tie themselves in knots.

The trick is to first get them to triple-down on the inviolability of a woman's right to control her own body.  Then spring sex-selective abortions on them.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 11:27:01 pm »
I tried that argument out once on another lefty -- that one a woman -- and same result.  They opposed legalizing sex-selective abortion, but couldn't articulate how that squared with the "right to control their own bodies".  Forcing them to choose between "a woman's right to choose" and sex-selective abortion is something they're not programmed to address, so it's kind of fun to trigger than and watch them tie themselves in knots.

The trick is to first get them to triple-down on the inviolability of a woman's right to control her own body.  Then spring sex-selective abortions on them.

I bet race and ethnicity selective ones would be fun too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 11:47:52 pm »
I bet race and ethnicity selective ones would be fun too.

One of the first Project Veritas efforts involved calling up abortion clinics and asking if one could offer donations specifically for aborting black babies.  They all said "yes".

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 01:10:05 pm »
God have mercy on us.
As much as it pains me to say it, it's time for God's wrath. He's been quite merciful so far, and look where it's got us.

And I think we're starting to see that wrath play out in slow motion.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 08:55:02 pm »

Hey, we can agree about something!

Nothing says spiritual rot like killing the unborn.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home