Author Topic: Denver Buys Tickets for Migrants to go Elsewhere — and it’s Costing Millions  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver Buys Tickets for Migrants to go Elsewhere — and it’s Costing Millions
Denver bought plane, bus, and train tickets for migrants to go elsewhere

Denver spent around $4.5 million to transport over 12,000 migrants coming from the U.S. border at a time when several U.S. cities continue to struggle with sheltering asylum seekers.

The figure was first reported by CBS News and later confirmed by a spokesperson for the city’s administration, who told FOX News Digital that Denver facilitated migrants’ transport to other cities.

"We provide migrant guests who wish to stay in Denver with shelter and support. However, we also understand that many individuals arriving in Denver from the southern border have other destinations in mind," the spokesperson told the news organization.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/denver-buys-tickets-for-migrants-to-go-elsewhere-and-it-s-costing-millions/ar-AA1kbxjy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7dc124477cbf4e1389d1f2f68bdd7307&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I seem to remember when Republicans did the same thing, democrats and their sycophants in the media accused them of being racist.  But I probably didn't "understand" them correctly or they were "misquoted." :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson