Author Topic: The Real Story Behind That JFK Quote About Destroying the CIA  (Read 590 times)

Offline corbe

The Real Story Behind That JFK Quote About Destroying the CIA
« on: November 21, 2023, 12:09:20 am »
The Real Story Behind That JFK Quote About Destroying the CIA

By Matt Novak
PublishedMarch 10, 2017

Thanks to Wikileaks, you may have seen a quote from President Kennedy recently about his desire to “splinter the C.I.A. in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds.” Wikileaks used the quote as the password to decrypt its latest release about CIA spy tools. And the quote can be found in news stories around the world, including in some from The Intercept. The only problem? The origin of the quote is a bit dubious.

Famous quotes can be a funny thing in the 20th and 21st centuries. Sometimes we have a solid, first-hand account of something written down in a speech or recorded on film. Other times we rely on journalists and authors to accurately quote someone in a newspaper or a book. And still other times, we have to rely on those same journalists to relay what someone said from a third party. In the case of the JFK quote, it’s that last one.

The phrase “splinter into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds” actually dates back to at least the early 19th century and has decidedly religious origins. You can find versions of the phrase in Methodist sermons from 1819, in letters from clergy of the 1840s, and in fiction of the early 20th century.

In fact, British author John Buchan uses the phrase in his 1916 book Greenmantle, set during the First World War:

Make no mistake, Madam; that folly is over. I will tear this sacred garment into a thousand pieces and scatter them on the wind. The people wait today for the revelation, but none will come. You may kill us if you can, but we have at least crushed a lie and done service to our country.’

<..snip..>

https://gizmodo.com/the-story-behind-that-jfk-quote-about-destroying-the-ci-1793151211
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: The Real Story Behind That JFK Quote About Destroying the CIA
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 12:11:52 am »
   This Wednesday he will be dead 60 years.  If you believe this quote can be attributed to him there is a lot of reasons to get rid of JFK.  He had the Bay of Pigs fiasco to choke down.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 01:04:33 am »
Anyone watching the multipart Kennedy hagiography on the History Channel? Interesting videos. Talking about the missile crisis now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 02:17:39 pm »
Some tweeter posts a video of Roger Stone saying Richard Nixon told him LBJ/CIA/Mafia all were complicit.
Green Lives Matter
@Ultrafrog17
Roger Stone says Lyndon Johnson killed John F. Kennedy in order to become President in adherence with the military-industrial complex:

"When I asked Nixon point blank...I said to him, So Mr. President let me ask you a question..Who really killed John Kennedy...He stared into his martini, well Dallas. I said I'm sorry sir I don't understand. He said let me put it to you another way. Lyndon and I both wanted to be President, the difference was, that I wasn't willing to kill for it...

So, when Robert Kennedy says the CIA did it, he's not wrong.. When Sam Jean's daughter says the mob did it, she's not wrong. Everyone has their own interests but Johnson has his own unique relationship with each."

"84 hours after JFK's death Lyndon Johnson and he's already green-lit the Vietnam War."

I think there are strong cases to be made that the CIA, the Mossad, the Bush crime family, Johnson, the mob, other Intelligence Agencies, and a secret society all had their hand in eliminating JFK.  ...

https://twitter.com/Ultrafrog17/status/1727526440944476453
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 02:44:11 pm »
The actual trigger pullers were French mercenaries (read foreign Legion) who could not speak a word of English. Their CIA handlers spirited them out of the railroad yard and none have ever been heard from since.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien