Author Topic: GOING DARK: New York City lacks energy infrastructure needed to power Uber and Lyft EVs or reach 203  (Read 643 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOING DARK: New York City lacks energy infrastructure needed to power Uber and Lyft EVs or reach 2030 zero-emissions mandate
11/19/2023 // Ethan Huff // 2K Views

The Empire State has established lofty zero-emissions goals for the year 2030 that require large numbers of electric vehicles (EVs) to rove the state at that time rather than traditional gas-powered cars. The latest figures, however, show that there will not be nearly enough electric power available to charge them.

In New York City specifically, the goal is to force all Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies to produce zero emissions by the year 2030. In "green" speak, this means that all ride-sharing vehicles in the Big Apple will need to be electric in just seven years.

Right now, only about 2,200 of the city's 78,000 cars currently authorized by the city's Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) as app-based rideshares – this means Uber and Lyft rather than traditional taxi services – are EVs. The rest are normal cars that, gasp, use gasoline instead of a charging station to refuel.

By the end of 2026, TLC expects the number of EVs in the app-based ridesharing fleet to reach 25 percent of the overall fleet, which leaves just four after that to convert the remaining 75 percent – a likely impossible feat.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-11-19-nyc-energy-uber-lyft-ev-2030-emissions.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh, they will manage. All they need to do is pull the permits from any which are not EVs and...
 Voila! 100%!

Gotta think like a bureaucrat!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Murphy Administration Adopts Zero-Emission Vehicle Standards to Improve Air Quality, Fight Climate Change, and Promote Clean Vehicle Choice

TRENTON – Governor Phil Murphy and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Commissioner Shawn M. LaTourette today announced the filing of the Advanced Clean Cars II rule for adoption on December 18, setting the state on the road toward better air quality and cleaner choices for new car buyers while combatting the worsening climate crisis. New Jersey joins a growing number of states that are requiring vehicle manufacturers to make zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) an increasing percentage of their new light-duty vehicle sales beginning in model year 2027, ramping up to 100% ZEVs by 2035.

The rule does not impose obligations on consumers or car dealers and provides compliance flexibilities for manufacturers. It requires manufacturers of passenger cars and light-duty trucks to meet an annual ZEV requirement intended to increase the percentage of electric vehicles sold in New Jersey. The rule also ensures that traditional gasoline- and diesel-fueled vehicles are manufactured to meet more stringent exhaust emission standards, which will positively impact air quality in New Jersey communities, especially those near high-traffic corridors. The rule will take effect starting in model year 2027, providing time for auto industry transition and continued development of charging infrastructure and a more robust and cleaner electrical grid in New Jersey. It does not ban gasoline cars, nor does it force consumers to buy EVs. Rather, the rule will provide certainty to vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, utilities, and charging infrastructure companies to make the long-term investments that will be crucial to large-scale deployment of light-duty ZEVs and consumer choice.

“By filing the landmark Advanced Clean Cars II rule, New Jersey builds upon its standing as a national leader in climate action and its participation in the global Accelerating to Zero commitment,” said Governor Murphy. “The steps we take today to lower emissions will improve air quality and mitigate climate impacts for generations to come, all while increasing access to cleaner car choices. Indeed, together with my Administration’s continuing investments in voluntary electric vehicle incentives, charging infrastructure, and the green economy, these new standards will preserve consumer choice and promote affordability for hardworking New Jerseyans across the state.”

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562023/approved/20231121a.shtml

@Smokin Joe
\
Looks like NJ is following as well
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Gefn They spend a lot of time saying what the rule allegedly doesn't do, but the bottom line is this: 
New Jersey joins a growing number of states that are requiring vehicle manufacturers to make zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) an increasing percentage of their new light-duty vehicle sales beginning in model year 2027, ramping up to 100% ZEVs by 2035.

All that need be done is to choke the supply of critical replacement parts for gasoline powered vehicles...perhaps something so simple as oil or air filters (oil being the most critical), and the only available vehicles would be "ZEVs" in short order.

New York was requiring it for Uber/Lyft and other rideshare fleets, (Let's see how that works on the eastern shores of Lake Erie in February), but we know their goal.

Considering the climate crisis is nonsense, this represents either insane kickbacks or insane policy or both.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis