Author Topic: Royal Navy nuclear submarine equipped with Trident missiles 'suffered huge malfunction that sent the  (Read 479 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Royal Navy nuclear submarine equipped with Trident missiles 'suffered huge malfunction that sent the vessel into an endless dive - with engineers saving the 140 crew members moments before they faced being crushed by underwater pressure'

By Eirian Jane Prosser and Rory Tingle, Home Affairs Correspondent For Mailonline

Published: 18:53 EST, 19 November 2023 | Updated: 08:08 EST, 20 November 2023

A Royal Navy nuclear submarine equipped with Trident missiles suffered a huge malfunction that sent it into an endless dive before the vessel was righted moments before the crew faced being crushed by underwater pressure, it was claimed today.

The Vanguard class sub had been carrying 140 crew when its depth gauge suddenly failed while on a mission in the Atlantic.

It caused a frantic scrabble with engineers managing to stop the submarine and its nuclear reactor from plunging further just moments before disaster struck.

The deep sea vessel, carrying Trident 2 missiles, was on patrol when the depth indicators stopped working, with its crew falsely believing it was level when in fact it was diving deeper into the ocean.

It was only when engineers at the back of the sub found a second gauge indicating they were headed towards the 'danger zone' that they sounded the alarm. 

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12768841/Royal-Navy-submarine-equipped-Trident-nukes-suffers-huge-malfunction-sent-vessel-endless-dive-engineers-saving-crew-moments-disaster.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Degredation of standards and quality of workmanship has resulted in all kind of propbems with maintenance and operation, not only in the military, but heavily in industry.  I ran into an old co-worker a few weeks ago, and they said I would have blown a gasket managing my department at the plant now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Degredation of standards and quality of workmanship has resulted in all kind of propbems with maintenance and operation, not only in the military, but heavily in industry.
No doubt. I'm starting to get nervous about everything, from entering a high-rise building to driving across a bridge, between the low standards in higher ed (including engineering schools) to manufacturing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

I rest my case.
Gen Z workers say they should be hired for their ‘personality,’ not productivity: We ‘set the vibes’
By Social Links for Brooke Kato
Published Nov. 18, 2023, 12:52 p.m. ET
New York Post

Forget the resume — Gen Z thinks you should hire them for their personalities.

According to the youngest generation in the workforce, their humor and wit provides a certain vibrance older employees apparently lack.

They’ve even invented a term — “personality hire” — to describe their self-perceived function in a corporate setting: to provide all the jokes, banter and playfulness needed in order to “set the vibes.” ...
Heaven help us (and the Royal Navy).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I rest my case.Heaven help us (and the Royal Navy).

Holy sh__!!!!!!

Gen Z's are out millenialling the millenials.   Man did I ever make the right call retiring.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Holy sh__!!!!!!

Gen Z's are out millenialling the millenials.   Man did I ever make the right call retiring.
Yeah? Who is going to be providing your medical care? Scary thought....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Yeah? Who is going to be providing your medical care? Scary thought....
Exactly. Who designs the MRI machines, bridges, cars, bridges; who does your lab work or cuts into you; who the heck even inspects the food. We are not in a good place.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Coming just a few days after that enormous muslim pro-pali demonstration in London, this incident is a harbinger of the future of [once "Great"] Britain...