Author Topic: 787 makes history landing in Antarctica  (Read 285 times)

Online mountaineer

787 makes history landing in Antarctica
« on: November 20, 2023, 02:33:06 pm »
787 makes history landing in Antarctica
November 16, 2023

Norse 787 makes record as largest aircraft to land at Troll Research Station
    Aircraft allows more equipment to be supplied to remote location

A Norse Atlantic Boeing 787 Dreamliner has made history by becoming the first example of the type to land in Antarctica. The project was arranged by the Norwegian Polar Institute in partnership with Norse Atlantic Airways (N0/NBT). The Institute operates continuous monitoring programs in the Arctic and Antarctic to understand environmental changes and their consequences. Such programs require regular resupply – enter the 787.  ...

The aircraft, a Boeing 787-8 registered LN-FNC, began its journey from Oslo Gardermoen Airport (OSL/ENGM) on November 13 with a flight to Cape Town Airport (CPT/FACT) in South Africa. The aircraft then spent around 48 hours in Cape Town before departing for Troll Research Station (QAT/ENOE) in Antarctica.   ...

Full story and more photos at: https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/787-in-antarctica/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: 787 makes history landing in Antarctica
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 02:47:43 pm »

Quick prediction:

Within 10 years I am guessing a small tourist like outpost is established, just so to give  people bragging rights they have visited all 7 Continents.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Re: 787 makes history landing in Antarctica
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 02:48:10 pm »
Quick prediction:

Within 10 years I am guessing a small tourist like outpost is established, just so to give  people bragging rights they have visited all 7 Continents.
And run a marathon on each.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org