Author Topic: NYC’s Migrant Crisis Results In $123 Million In Overtime Costs: REPORT  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC’s Migrant Crisis Results In $123 Million In Overtime Costs: REPORT

HAILEY GOMEZ
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT REPORTER
November 18, 2023

As New York City attempts to tackle its multi-billion dollar migrant crisis, city workers have reportedly racked up to 2.6 million hours in overtime, adding up to more than $123.1 million in payouts, due to the issue, according to the New York Post.

Newly released city payroll records from this year showed that 47 of the city’s top 100 agents work at the Department of Social Services (DSS) and the Department of Homeless Services (DHS), both of which include duties in assisting migrants, according to The NY Post. (RELATED: ‘Shame On You’: NYC Mayor Eric Adams Heckled During Trip To Colombia)

The DHS and DSS have a combined total of 2,690,659 hours of overtime, adding up to more than $123.1 million in payouts, according to The NY Post. The jump in hours is not only a 51% increase compared to the 2021 fiscal year, before the migrant crisis, but has spiked overtime earnings by 70 percent.

“New Yorkers are getting the short end of the stick, facing cuts to critical services while migrants get more,” Democrat Queens Councilman Robert Holden told the NY Post. “It’s long past time to stop this nonsense, redirect those buses to the White House, and get back to serving New Yorkers.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/18/nyc-migrant-crisis-results-millions-overtime-costs-agencies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson