Author Topic: Massachusetts high school nixes ‘USA Day’ from school spirit week because it’s too ‘politicized’  (Read 217 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Massachusetts high school nixes ‘USA Day’ from school spirit week because it’s too ‘politicized’
Story by Gabriel Hays  •
14h

Faculty at a Massachusetts high school have canceled "USA Day" from its spirit week activities this year because they wanted to "avoid politics," local outlets reported this week.

In a letter to the school community, Wellesley High School principal Jamie Chisum explained that school staff canceled the patriotic-themed day to avoid a topic that had become "politicized."

"USA Day" was slated to be held on the last day of the high school’s festive week, allowing kids to dress up in their patriotic gear and celebrate America. The theme was replaced by "Fitness Friday," though students were still invited to wear their patriotic apparel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/massachusetts-high-school-nixes-usa-day-from-school-spirit-week-because-it-s-too-politicized/ar-AA1k9yWz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2e765b61f77e4bfcbd319eb5b831f6b3&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Its hard to believe the patriotic history of Taxachusettes is dead. :truce:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson