Author Topic: Virgin Mary statue reportedly crying in Mexico town sparks questions about potential miracle  (Read 425 times)

Offline libertybele

Virgin Mary statue reportedly crying in Mexico town sparks questions about potential miracle

A statue of the Virgin Mary in the Mexican state of Colima that is reportedly weeping tears has drawn crowds of onlookers and questions about a potential miracle.

The statue was first noticed "crying" in October — but videos of the statue's purported tears gained traction on social media in mid-November.

The statue, which is encased in glass, is named the Virgin of Dolores. It's located in the town of El Chanal, which is near the city of Colima, the capital of the state with the same name.

"Dolores" translates to "sorrow" or pain."

In Catholicism, one of the titles of the Virgin Mary is Our Lady of Sorrows, inspired by a prophecy in the Gospel of Luke.

"So, a couple of tears started flowing," eyewitness Víctor Ramos told the news outlet CEN.

The statue's eyes reddened as she "cried," claimed Ramos.

"Similarly, when we cry, and our eyes become red, the same happens to the image," Ramos said.

Perhaps the statue's tears were a reaction to the "violence rates that are being experienced here in the state of Colima, also here in the community," said Ramos.

The U.S. Department of State is right now warning against traveling to the entire state of Colima due to "crime and kidnapping."

In 2022, the city of Colima had a homicide rate of 181.94 homicides per 100,000 residents, said Mexico's Citizens’ Council for Public Safety and Criminal Justice. This was the highest in the world.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/virgin-mary-statue-reportedly-crying-mexico-town-sparks-questions-potential-miracle
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

A statue of the Virgin Mary located in the Mexican state of Colima is reportedly crying tears. Here are two views of the statue.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Idol worship.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Idol worship.

Not my interpretation at all.  The statue of Mary represents or depicts the Blessed Virgin Mary.  People are astonished at what is happening and they are not paying homage to the statue itself.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Unless I missed it, I didn’t see a video

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unless I missed it, I didn’t see a video

I haven't seen a video just photos...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34