Author Topic: Charissa Thompson under fire for admitting she fabricated sideline reports  (Read 348 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

She has a friend in Mike Barnicle.

https://www.boston.com/sports/media/2023/11/17/charissa-thompson-under-fire-for-admitting-she-fabricated-sideline-reports/?p1=hp_primary

Charissa Thompson under fire for admitting she fabricated sideline reports

"I didn't want to screw up the report, so I was like, 'I'm just going to make this up.'"

By Des Bieler, Washington Post
updated on November 17, 2023 | 10:37 AM

Charissa Thompson of Fox Sports and Amazon Prime’s “Thursday Night Football” garnered criticism Thursday when a clip went viral in which she admitted to inventing quotes from coaches while working as a sideline reporter.

“I’ve said this before, so I haven’t been fired for saying it, but I’ll say it again. I would make up the report sometimes,” Thompson said in a recent interview on “Pardon My Take,” “because, A, the coach wouldn’t come out at halftime, or it was too late and . . . I didn’t want to screw up the report, so I was like, ‘I’m just going to make this up.'”

Thompson, 41, added that she assumed that “no coach is going to get mad” if she misled viewers into thinking they had simply voiced some well-worn clichés, such as, “Hey, we need to stop hurting ourselves, we need to be better on third down, we need to stop turning the ball over and do a better job of getting off the field.” ...

What else have reporters been fabricating?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Charissa Thompson under fire for admitting she fabricated sideline reports
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 11:27:49 pm »
The only thing more amusing about this story is about how all the other sideline reporters are up in arms about it.

And the race baiters saying "the only reason she still has a job is cuz she's white!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024