Author Topic: Gov. Pritzker: City has not moved fast enough to provide more shelter for migrants  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Pritzker: City has not moved fast enough to provide more shelter for migrants
BY ADAM HARRINGTON, TODD FEURER, ELLIE COATAR

UPDATED ON: NOVEMBER 17, 2023 / 12:19 AM EST / CBS CHICAGO

CHICAGO (CBS) -- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker on Thursday accused the city of not moving "fast enough" to ensure migrants have shelter – and he said that is why people have been seen on the street.

Pritzker said the State of Illinois has been offering assistance, and holding up its end of the deal.

"The city's been operating its own methodology process, right? And it hasn't moved fast enough," Pritzker said. "So we've done a complete data analysis of everything that's happened really for the last 14 months to determine exactly where the bottlenecks are, and so we're bringing our resources in to try to flatten out those bottlenecks, make sure that people are moving through faster, and make sure that the city is building shelters faster."

Pritzker emphasized that the state does not run shelters, and they are the city's responsibility.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pritzker-160-million-migrant-costs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pritzker is only criticizing Chicago because he's a racist and trying to embarrass the black mayor.  See how easy it is to throw that crap around?! :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Pritzker is only criticizing Chicago because he's a racist and trying to embarrass the black mayor.  See how easy it is to throw that crap around?! :pondering:

Slinging mud and not actually doing anything is easy -- taking the bull by the horns and resolving this issue takes courage and backbone.

The issue needs to be addressed and resolved with Mexico and a wall needs to be built and armed. Immigration into this country needs to be stopped. Period.  No exceptions.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.