Author Topic: NYC Mayor Adams is sticking us with the hefty migrant crisis bill  (Read 597 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Adams is sticking us with the hefty migrant crisis bill
Opinion by Joe Borelli
 •
10h

Have you ever been out to dinner with a group where some members of the party order appetizers and steaks, pick a premium bottle off the wine list and signal for extra truffle shavings on their gnocchi while others at the table order a side salad and water?

And doesn’t it always seem to be the case that as soon as the bill gets dropped, one of those Joey Chestnut wannabees suggests “everyone split the bill” as he picks the Wagyu sinew out of his Châteauneuf-du-Pape-stained teeth?

This very story is playing out at City Hall — not over food, mind you, but over funding, with the mayor and those elected officials who demanded more and more migrant spending now suggesting we all suffer the same cuts.

In my private life, I hang out with some down-to-earth people. In my public life, perhaps not so much.

If I join a dinner table with friends and declare, “Nothing for me, just a glass of wine” (admittedly a rare occurrence given my healthy 17-stone frame), one of my dear pals will inevitably pick up the tab. “Don’t be silly,” they’d say. “You didn’t order anything.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-mayor-adams-is-sticking-us-with-the-hefty-migrant-crisis-bill/ar-AA1k3Yxd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2dacba9adb084eaea5b30d862d72857b&ei=59
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 02:24:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson