Author Topic: NYPD to Shrink to 1990s Levels Under ‘Painful’ Budget Cuts  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYPD to Shrink to 1990s Levels Under ‘Painful’ Budget Cuts
« on: November 17, 2023, 02:11:43 pm »

NYPD to Shrink to 1990s Levels Under ‘Painful’ Budget Cuts
Story by Laura Nahmias  •
16h

(Bloomberg) -- New York City will hold off on hiring new police officers, reduce trash pickups, make cuts to the city’s pre-kindergarten programs and lower spending on services for migrants to slash the city’s $110.5 billion budget.

The 5% reduction will affect services for many New Yorkers and effectively trim the city’s police force to its smallest size since the 1990s by summer 2025, city budget officials said.

They are just some of the savings ideas that Mayor Eric Adams and Budget Director Jacques Jiha revealed on Thursday as the city faces what the mayor’s office described as “unprecedented” future budget deficits.

New York’s budget has swelled by more than $3.4 billion since June, when Adams signed the current spending plan. City budget officials on Thursday blamed the growth on soaring costs related to the migrant crisis. Roughly 143,000 migrants have arrived in New York since the spring of 2022, and more than 65,600 are currently in the city’s shelters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/nypd-to-shrink-to-1990s-levels-under-painful-budget-cuts/ar-AA1k2pds?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2dacba9adb084eaea5b30d862d72857b&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NYPD to Shrink to 1990s Levels Under ‘Painful’ Budget Cuts
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 02:14:34 pm »
Panful's ass!  They are cutting protection for American citizens so they can feed, house, educate,  and provide medical care for illegals. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson