Author Topic: Bay Bridge Shutdown Sparks Outrage: 'Deserve Hard Prison Time'  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bay Bridge Shutdown Sparks Outrage: 'Deserve Hard Prison Time'
« on: November 17, 2023, 12:13:44 pm »
 Bay Bridge Shutdown Sparks Outrage: 'Deserve Hard Prison Time'
Story by Andrew Stanton  •
18h

Pro-Palestinian protesters shut down the Bay Bridge near San Francisco, California, Thursday morning demanding a ceasefire of the war between Israel and Hamas.

Dozens of protesters carried signs that read "Stop the Genocide" and "No Military Aid to Israel" while chanting "ceasefire now" on the bridge connecting San Francisco to Oakland, halting traffic between the two cities, according to video footage of the protest posted to social media.

Some progressives have taken to protests to urge President Joe Biden to support a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. Hamas on October 7, 2023, launched thousands of rockets from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, taking more than 240 hostages, the country's military has said. Israel then launched rockets into Gaza, cutting off access to water, food and electricity into the territory. So far, at least 11,000 people in Gaza and 1,400 people in Israel have been killed in the conflict, according to the Associated Press.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bay-bridge-shutdown-sparks-outrage-deserve-hard-prison-time/ar-AA1k2WOa?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b7f48d3b50c14e019372c15308c79b7e&ei=60
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Bay Bridge Shutdown Sparks Outrage: 'Deserve Hard Prison Time'
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 12:14:49 pm »
Israel was already obeying a cease fire until HAMAS broke it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson