Author Topic: New York Appeals Court Lifts Gag Order on Trump in Fraud Trial  (Read 381 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New York Appeals Court Lifts Gag Order on Trump in Fraud Trial
« on: November 17, 2023, 12:03:36 am »
New York Appeals Court Lifts Gag Order on Trump in Fraud Trial

Paul Bois 16 Nov 2023

A New York appeals court has temporarily suspended the gag order imposed on former President Donald Trump that silenced him from commenting on court staff during his business fraud trial.

“The judge from the First Department of New York’s Appellate Division granted the request by Trump’s defense attorneys for an interim stay of the gag orders, citing the ‘constitutional and statutory rights at issue’ in a brief order,” reported NBC News.

“The appeals court’s ruling pauses the gag orders that had been imposed on Trump and the attorneys defending him in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ high-stakes fraud case in Manhattan Supreme Court,” it added.

As Breitbart News reported in October, New York County Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron “gagged former President Donald Trump’s legal counsel from discussing his ‘confidential communications’ with staff, including note-passing from clerk Allison Greenfield.”

“According to a copy of the order published by the Messenger, Engoron ordered, ‘All counsel are prohibited from making any public statements, in or out of court, that refer to any confidential communications, in any form, between my staff and me,’” said the report.

The judge further pledged to bring “serious sanctions” against the former president’s legal team if they were to violate the order.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/16/new-york-appeals-court-lifts-gag-order-on-trump-in-fraud-trial/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: New York Appeals Court Lifts Gag Order on Trump in Fraud Trial
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 12:33:43 am »
 ////00000////

Let the MAGA mean tweets commence!

What is the over / under for resignations on the Judge's and DA's staff in response to MAGA intimidation?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: New York Appeals Court Lifts Gag Order on Trump in Fraud Trial
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 01:20:27 am »
It was inevitable that some level of appellate court would do this.