Author Topic: Here’s how the leaked testimony of Jenna Ellis may impact Trump’s defense in Georgia case  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s how the leaked testimony of Jenna Ellis may impact Trump’s defense in Georgia case
November 16, 2023 | Katelynn Richardson

Attorney Jenna Ellis’ leaked testimony made some legal experts think former President Donald Trump’s defense in his Georgia 2020 election case would take a hit, but not everyone who spoke to the Daily Caller News Foundation was convinced it would have any impact.

Ellis stated during her testimony that Trump advisor Dan Scavino told her “the boss” was not going to leave the White House “under any circumstances,” ABC News reported Monday; videos of co-defendants Kenneth Chesebro, Sidney Powell, and Scott Hall, the other defendants who took plea deals, were also obtained by The Washington Post on Monday. Legal experts differed on how Ellis’ testimony may factor into the case and affect Trump’s defense.

Emory University School of Law professor Jonathan Nash told the DCNF he doesn’t think Ellis’ testimony is good for Trump’s defense, noting that even if her statements are inadmissible in court, they give prosecutors a lead to follow.

“[N]ow that prosecutors know that statements like this were being made, they could try to call as witnesses the people who made such statements,” he said.

But, he noted, Ellis’ statement may be admissible if Scavino is considered a co-conspirator, even though he was not indicted. The Georgia rules of evidence state that a “statement by a coconspirator of a party during the course and in furtherance of the conspiracy” is not hearsay.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/11/16/heres-how-the-leaked-testimony-of-jenna-ellis-may-impact-trumps-defense-in-georgia-case-1413074/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I think the leaked Jenna Ellis testimony will change one thing about Trump's defense - Jenna's getting fat, therefore her testimony is irrelevant and inadmissible - the Rosie O'Donnell Legal Principle of Evidentiary and Witness Exclusion.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 09:22:28 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.