Author Topic: Derek Chauvin claims new evidence shows he didn’t cause George Floyd’s death, attempts to overturn c  (Read 975 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Chauvin claims new evidence shows he didn't cause George Floyd's death, attempts to overturn conviction
Derek Chauvin is working to appeal his federal conviction in Minnesota
By Stepheny Price Fox News
Published November 15, 2023 5:10pm EST

Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is making another attempt to overturn his federal civil rights conviction in the 2020 murder of George Floyd.

Chauvin, who was back in court Wednesday, is claiming that new evidence shows he didn’t cause Floyd’s death in Minnesota.

In a motion filed in federal court Monday, Chauvin said he never would have pleaded guilty in 2021 if he had known about the theories of a Kansas pathologist, whom he had been in contact with in February.

Chauvin is asking the judge who presided over his trial to throw out his civil rights conviction and order a new trial, or at least a hearing for him to present the new evidence.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/derek-chauvin-claims-new-evidence-shows-he-didnt-cause-george-floyds-death-attempts-overturn-conviction
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

The old evidence showed that Floyd committed suicide by drugs.

Online Polly Ticks

The old evidence showed that Floyd committed suicide by drugs.

Yep.  I hope Chauvin is successful in his appeal, because his conviction was a huge miscarriage of justice.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Chauvin did contribute to Floyd's death by failing to render aid.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DB

What aid could he render? The ambulance was called at the time he was moved out of the police car. CPR wouldn't have saved an overdose.

There was also a hostile crowd around the officers that he had to watch carefully. Any one of them could have stepped up and taken a weapon from one of the police officers or otherwise attacked them. The hostile crowd played a part in how things went down.

Online LMAO

What aid could he render? The ambulance was called at the time he was moved out of the police car. CPR wouldn't have saved an overdose.

There was also a hostile crowd around the officers that he had to watch carefully. Any one of them could have stepped up and taken a weapon from one of the police officers or otherwise attacked them. The hostile crowd played a part in how things went down.

In fact, he had to call the ambulance twice because it got lost the first time

And, a buddy of mine’s brother was a cop in Florida, and he agreed that a hostile crowd can change the dynamics. And if you watch some of the videos from that day, there were people in the crowd making threats of violence to the cops.

You can do CPR on somebody who’s had an overdose of opioids. But it would likely be unsuccessful without Narcan. But, again, the crowd was hostile.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:38:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Unless he had a dose of Narcan in his holster, just how was he supposed render aid to a one suffering a fatal overdose?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Unless he had a dose of Narcan in his holster, just how was he supposed render aid to a one suffering a fatal overdose?

I get what you're saying, but if you watch the video, the EMT asks Chauvin repeatedly to get off of George, so she can treat him IIRC. Odd that this angle isn't mentioned much in the press but there we are.

Online Hoodat

Doesn't matter.  Chauvin could be the biggest scumbag in the world, but that doesn't change the fact that the prosecution withheld evidence that was crucial for his defense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

Doesn't matter.  Chauvin could be the biggest scumbag in the world, but that doesn't change the fact that the prosecution withheld evidence that was crucial for his defense.

pointing-up
 This...100 times over.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure seems to be a lot of withholding/suppression of Brady Material of late, not to mention in other selected cases, ignoring prima facie evidence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Supreme Court Rejects Derek Chauvin’s Appeal to Reconsider Conviction in George Floyd Case
by Jim Hᴏft Nov. 20, 2023 10:30 am

On Monday, the US Supreme Court rejected former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s appeal to reconsider his conviction for second-degree murder in the killing of George Floyd.

The justices did not comment on their decision to leave in place state court rulings affirming Chauvin’s conviction and 22 1/2-year sentence, San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

In October, attorneys representing Chauvin appealed to the Supreme Court to review his case. This appeal was based on the refusal of a Minnesota trial court to change the venue of the trial and sequester the jury. Chauvin argued that holding the trial in Minneapolis violated his right to a fair trial. He argued this was due to extensive pretrial media coverage and the potential for violent protests and riots if he were found not guilty.

“Mr. Chauvin’s case shows the profound difficulties trial courts have to ensure a criminal defendant’s right to an impartial jury consistently when extreme cases arise,” his attorneys told the court, per USA Today. “This was particularly true here when the jurors themselves had a vested interest in finding Mr. Chauvin guilty in order to avoid further rioting in the community in which they lived and the possible threat of physical harm to them or their families.”

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/11/supreme-court-rejects-derek-chauvins-appeal-reconsider-conviction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"The justices did not comment on their decision to leave in place state court rulings affirming Chauvin’s conviction and 22 1/2-year sentence, San Diego Union-Tribune reported."

Cowards!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
"The justices did not comment on their decision to leave in place state court rulings affirming Chauvin’s conviction and 22 1/2-year sentence, San Diego Union-Tribune reported."

Cowards!!!!!

Understand this sentiment but this is a state level thing right? It's not really their jurisdiction.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Understand this sentiment but this is a state level thing right? It's not really their jurisdiction.

Yeah, but still they felt compelled to  render a decison, and didn't take the time to even provide a press statement of who voted, and a majority opinion.   Yeah, that's pretty damned cowardly in my book.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 03:28:18 am by catfish1957 »

Online LMAO

Nobody wants to touch this issue

After the verdict came in guilty, Hawk Newsome(no relation to Gavin) admitted that they would’ve never gotten that guilty verdict if it wasn’t for the threats of rioting.

I agree with him. And when you look at how witnesses were threatened, and you see how this administration allows threats to justices, it’s just easier to take a path of least resistance, and let somebody sit in prison

Barry Goldwater