Author Topic: Well-Connected Alleged Serial Rapist Goes Free After Cushy Plea Deal  (Read 262 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Well-Connected Alleged Serial Rapist Goes Free After Cushy Plea Deal
Story by Allison Quinn  •
43m

A South Carolina man accused of raping two teenage girls and then a third while out on bond has been released after serving less than a year and a half behind bars.

Bowen Turner, now 21, got a sweetheart plea deal in early 2022 that sparked outrage for its leniency—the well-connected Turner got five years probation and pleaded guilty to a single charge of first-degree assault and battery.

That came after he violated the terms of his house arrest agreement dozens of times to visit friends, go golfing, and eat at a restaurant, among other things, according to court documents. The son of an investigator for a local prosecutor, he wasn’t locked up until July 2022, after an arrest for disorderly conduct saw his probation finally revoked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/well-connected-alleged-serial-rapist-goes-free-after-cushy-plea-deal/ar-AA1k1Ll9?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=38b9b645dd8041e3b08481e648d0d923&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Well-Connected Alleged Serial Rapist Goes Free After Cushy Plea Deal
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 03:35:58 pm »
The headline alone made me think this might be about Bill Clinton. Imagine my disappointment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 03:42:39 pm »
Must be a South Carolina version of a Kennedy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 03:44:31 pm »
He's the son of the prosecuting attorney's investigator, the story said. I guess that qualifies as well-connected.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org