Author Topic: What's the deal with the Congressional Budget Reconciliation Process?  (Read 240 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The greatest weak point in the budget process for fiscal conservatives is the Budget Reconciliation Process.  This is what Nancy Pelosi exploited on many occasions to the benefit of the Dems and profligate spending wanted by the US Senate.

What is the legal basis for Budget Reconciliation?  Is it Constitutional or Parliamentary?  Parliamentary rules and procedures can be changed by the respective Chambers.

My evil intent is to force up or down votes in the US Senate on bills of appropriation, that must Constitutionally orginate in the House.

Could the House force bloviating Senators to have House Members request appropriations they want during the authoring of the original House appropriations, to eliminate the need for a reconciliation process after the Senate approves bills of appropriation on up or down votes?

If we can eliminate the post-Senate Budget Reconcialiation Reconiliation, we can close a loop hole used by Dems and Senate windbags to insert additional profligate spending items into the Appropriation Bill that is sent to the President for signature.

If the House can pass bills of appropriation in a timely manner, that puts the stress and insanity of a Government Shutdown in the hands of the US Senate, instead of the House.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 11:32:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.