Author Topic: Ex-Clayton County (GA) Commissioner Booted from Job After Being Found Passed Out Drunk By Police Now  (Read 626 times)

Online mountaineer

Ex-Clayton County Commissioner Booted from Job After Being Found Passed Out Drunk By Police Now Plans to Sue
By Yasmeen Freightman   | Published on: November 15, 2023   

Former Clayton County Board of Commissioners vice chair Felicia Franklin isn’t allowing the removal from her position to stop her from running for board chairwoman, and she also plans to fight back.

Franklin was kicked off the board after police released bodycam footage showing her passed out from what officers said was one too many drinks in front of the 404 Sports Bar and Grill in Morrow, Georgia, in September. Franklin fought against the implication that she was drunk. She instead maintained that one of the drinks she ordered was drugged. Now, she plans to sue the county.

“I want to share a deeply personal and troubling experience that I recently faced while attending an event here in our very community. It is believed by medical professionals that I was drugged with a GHB pill, more commonly known as the ‘date rape pill,’and this incident has shaken me to my core,” Franklin wrote in a post on Facebook. “I believe it’s crucial to use this moment as a catalyst for change. I will be working closely with authorities to ensure that justice is served, and I will also be advocating for improved safety measures at events like these.”  ...
Atlanta Black Star
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Date rape drug, eh? Not so fast, sistah.

Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
NEW: Georgia lawmaker Felicia Franklin who was found passed out in the street after a wild night out, will be suing Clayton County for removing her from her position.
The man she punched should be suing her.
Franklin appears to think *she* is the victim even though she was caught on camera screaming at and assaulting people trying to help her. ... Police claim there is no evidence that Franklin was drugged but say she had “three home run drinks.”  ...

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1724793242619892072

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lovely.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320409

GHB and Rohypnol are depressants and therefore the signs and symptoms are very similar to being heavily intoxicated (weakness, fatigue, slurred speech, loss of motor coordination, and visual impairment).

Her symptoms don't exactly fit.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 05:19:27 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis