Author Topic: Privately owned firearms surpass 500 million in US after third-highest October for gun sales on reco  (Read 538 times)

Online libertybele

Privately owned firearms surpass 500 million in US after third-highest October for gun sales on record

The total of privately owned guns in the United States is estimated to have passed 500 million after gun sales for the month of October were the third-highest on record.

A year-over-year increase in gun sales for October 2023 signaled a new landmark for private gun sales in the United States. Ammoland reported approximately 1.33 million firearm sales, an 8.3% increase from October 2022, which has pushed the total number of privately owned guns in the country over the 500 million mark.

As well, October 2023 was the third-highest October on record in terms of gun sales.

Sales for 2023 have surpassed 12 million, and after correcting for resales, the number of total new purchases comes to about 10.4 million firearms. With an estimated 490 million firearms in possession at the end of 2022, this pushes private ownership past the half-billion mark.

The data comes from the FBI's National Instant Background Check System that saw roughly 2.26 million background checks in October 2023.

However, background checks do not equal the number of guns sold. Many more checks are done than sales, and one check can be used to sell multiple guns, as well.

Gun sales reportedly spiked after both the Hamas attack on Israel and the mass shooting in Maine.

"We are seeing a spike in sales of concealed carry handguns, as well as tactical shotguns and AR-15s; very similar to what happened during COVID, but on a smaller scale," said Justin Anderson, marketing director for Hyatt Guns of Charlotte, North Carolina.

"We expect this bubble to continue to grow, along with our regular bump in sales going into the holidays," he added, according to the Washington Examiner.

Firearm sales have exceeded one million per month for over four years, Ammoland noted. The number of privately owned firearms has also nearly doubled since 1996. ...........

https://www.conservativereview.com/privately-owned-firearms-surpass-500-million-in-us-after-third-highest-october-for-gun-sales-on-record-2666277680.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That they know of. I'm betting it's near double that.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

That they know of. I'm betting it's near double that.

Even at that -- say someone or a household is well armed; one person can only shoot one gun at a time. I believe that America is very well armed, but unfortunately we are becoming very well out numbered.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Gotta buy them while they're still legally available.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Even at that -- say someone or a household is well armed; one person can only shoot one gun at a time. I believe that America is very well armed, but unfortunately we are becoming very well out numbered.

Buy a second of your main(s) for spare parts if you are financially well off enough to do so. I wish I could anyhoo. Also would be nice to have a few stashed in the woods (cache in sealed manners) with ammo dumps too.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....