Author Topic: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Transgender 'Extravaganza' Sparks Boycott  (Read 736 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Transgender 'Extravaganza' Sparks Boycott
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:24 PM EST

An online petition is calling for a boycott of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade due to its planned inclusion of LGBTQ+ performers.

The petition was started by One Million Moms, a division of the "pro-traditional values" organization American Family Association (AFA). More than 24,000 people have signed the appeal as of press time.

The annual Macy's parade in New York City has been one of the holiday's most famous events since it first took place in 1924. Swarms of people descend onto Manhattan for the festivities, which include floats, marching bands and live performances from popular musicians.

One Million Moms is taking exception to the entertainment scheduled for next week's event.

"The non-binary and transgender extravaganza on display this Thanksgiving will be brought to you by Macy's during their annually sponsored Thanksgiving Day Parade," the petition from One Million Moms reads. "Unless they are forewarned about it, this year's holiday parade will potentially expose tens of millions of viewers at home to the liberal LGBTQ agenda."

more
https://www.newsweek.com/macys-thanksgiving-day-parade-transgender-extravaganza-sparks-boycott-1843379
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Transgender 'Extravaganza' Sparks Boycott
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 03:55:03 pm »
The Network televising the Parade will undoubtable play up the perversion that is the LGBQT+(H) (H for Hamas) portion. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 04:31:37 pm »
I haven't watched that Turkey for many years, 'celebrities' I never heard of caterwauling to music I thoroughly dislike and the push of social justice and mental illness, all presented with inane commentary. Nope, I'll do as I have for years, take the dog to the dog park in the morning and spend time with family.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 06:34:22 pm »
I haven't watched that Turkey for many years, 'celebrities' I never heard of caterwauling to music I thoroughly dislike and the push of social justice and mental illness, all presented with inane commentary. Nope, I'll do as I have for years, take the dog to the dog park in the morning and spend time with family.

The commentators are the worst.  We need a CSPAN for parades. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 08:42:25 pm »
It's only a matter of time before you see hairy men shaking their bare rear ends at kids watching the parade.
As the truism holds, anything that does continually express conservative values will turn liberal and then far left.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 08:48:09 pm »
You'd think that with wide-screen, HD tvs the parade would be more interesting to watch than in the old days of small-screen, b and w tv.
But like you said, the modern "entertainers" leave a lot to be desired.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 09:01:19 pm »
I can't recall ever actually watching this parade "live". Just news clips. Not interested enough.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 09:17:10 pm »
I can't recall ever actually watching this parade "live". Just news clips. Not interested enough.
Well forty years ago when our kids were little we would watch it with them but even 1980's America was more conservative and the parade more a reflection of middle American values.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 09:28:47 pm »
My take on the parade circuit?  Generall, when you've seen one you've them all.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 12:44:00 am »
My take on the parade circuit?  Generall, when you've seen one you've them all.

Exactly.   And I can't remember the last time I've actually sat down to watch it. If it's on its just background noise now. No entertainment value.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 01:23:22 am »
That was something we did every Thanksgiving morning when I was a kid back in the fifties and sixties. Black and white tv on a small screen, but when you only have two channels, that's what you watched.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2023, 04:30:00 am »
That was something we did every Thanksgiving morning when I was a kid back in the fifties and sixties. Black and white tv on a small screen, but when you only have two channels, that's what you watched.
Yep. Every kid loves a parade.

Maybe instead they'll spend their time playing Call of Duty or something wholesome...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis