Author Topic: Yellen: ‘Growth in China’ Is ‘Good for the United States’ and World  (Read 662 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: ‘Growth in China’ Is ‘Good for the United States’ and World

Ian Hanchett 15 Nov 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of NPR’s “All Things Considered,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that she and President Joe Biden “think greater income and growth in China is good for the globe and good for the United States as well.” And that while the U.S. will take actions to protect its national security, “we will try to target them narrowly so that we’re not imposing broad harm on China’s economy.”

Co-host Ailsa Chang asked, [relevant exchange begins around 2:40] “I know that the Biden administration has made some moves in the name of national security that China takes issue with, like I’m talking about restrictions on U.S. investment in certain Chinese tech sectors, prohibiting the export of certain tech goods to China, tariffs on imported Chinese goods, sanctions on Chinese firms. How do you explain those decisions to Chinese leaders when they are accusing the U.S. of trying to stifle their economic growth?”

Yellen responded, “I made clear in my conversations with my counterpart, Vice Premier He, that we are not trying to stifle China’s economic progress. And, as the President and I have both said, we think greater income and growth in China is good for the globe and good for the United States as well. But we will take actions to protect our national security. And when we do that, we will try to target them narrowly so that we’re not imposing broad harm on China’s economy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/11/15/yellen-growth-in-china-is-good-for-the-united-states-and-world/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Biden hands China big win with military deal, experts say: 'Incredibly poor decision'

President Biden is set to strike a deal with China that would limit the use of artifical intelligence in nuclear weapons.

Biden is to meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in San Francisco, where the two leaders are expected to also sign an agreement to limit AI's use in military applications, according to a report from Business Insider.

According to the report, Biden and Xi will agree to limit AI use in the systems that control and deploy nuclear weapons as well as the technology's use in autonomous weapon systems such as drones..............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-hands-china-big-win-military-deal-experts-say-incredibly-poor-decision
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
In my line of work, we'd drug test Yellen for saying ridiuclous shit like that. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

In my line of work, we'd drug test Yellen for saying ridiuclous shit like that.

That somebody who’s been consistently wrong, and incompetent, still has a job with the federal government speaks volumes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy