Author Topic: Texas Rangers Launch Investigation Into Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo’s Office  (Read 393 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Soli Rice November 10, 2023

The investigation is tied to the 2022 federal indictments against three of Hidalgo’s high-level staffers over misuse of information and tampering with a government record.

This week, Texas Rangers opened a new public corruption investigation into Hidalgo’s office to locate “concealed” records that showed how the $11 million county contract was awarded to Elevate Strategies.

According to search warrants, investigators were looking for proof that Hidalgo’s office disclosed non-public information to Pereyra.

Texas Ranger Daron Parker wrote in the search warrant, released on Thursday, that “it was discovered that numerous documents and communications that were ordered to be produced by Grand Jury subpoena had been concealed and made unavailable during the earlier Grand Jury proceedings.”

The concealed evidence included:

•   Harris County Judge’s office employees used their personal phones to communicate about the Targeted Community Vaccine Outreach project with the owner of Elevate Strategies; and,

•   Draft documents showing Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo personally edited the scope of the Targeted Vaccine Outreach project and mentioned the owner of Elevate Strategies LLC in her editing one day before the scope of work was shared with the owner of Elevate Strategies LLC more than two weeks before the project was publically announced; and

•   WhatsApp and SMS messages showing Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo and her staff believed that the majority of the Harris County Commissioners Court were going to vote against funding the Targeted Community Vaccine Outreach project and used the County Judge’s Emergency Authorization powers to bypass the voting process and award $10,973,00 to Elevate; and

•   WhatsApp messages had been deleted after the initiation of the Grand Jury investigation.

According to KHOU 11 News, “court documents said the state is trying to find out if the felony offense of tampering with evidence was committed.”

On Friday, the Texas Department of Public Safety sent out a statement on the investigation:

In December 2021, the Texas Rangers and Harris County District Attorney’s Office initiated an investigation into criminal allegations against the County Judge’s Office in Harris County.  Recently, additional search warrants were served on various service providers for records relevant to this investigation. This investigation is ongoing, and no further information will be released at this time.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/texas-rangers-launch-investigation-into-harris-county-judge-lina-hidalgos-office/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How that lunatic manages to stay in office is beyond me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How that lunatic manages to stay in office is beyond me.

Rodney Ellis (former state senator and now Harris County commissioner) is the puppeteer who keeps her propped up. She's important to the current criminal enterprise that he, Sheila Jackson Lee (Congresswoman currently running to replace Sylvester Turner), and Mayor Turner (former state rep and current Mayor of Houston who is term limited and cannot run again) have cooking.

The plan is for Sheila to take over as Mayor while Sylvester takes her congressional seat, and the enterprise continues unabated. @Wingnut
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rodney Ellis (former state senator and now Harris County commissioner) is the puppeteer who keeps her propped up. She's important to the current criminal enterprise that he, Sheila Jackson Lee (Congresswoman currently running to replace Sylvester Turner), and Mayor Turner (former state rep and current Mayor of Houston who is term limited and cannot run again) have cooking.

The plan is for Sheila to take over as Mayor while Sylvester takes her congressional seat, and the enterprise continues unabated. @Wingnut

Figures.  Her stench traveled into DFW while we lived there. 

Online Wingnut

Harris Co. Judge Lina Hidalgo no longer denying she used encrypted messaging apps for county business  https://news.yahoo.com/harris-co-judge-lina-hidalgo-021708286.html

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas - Six days after FOX 26 broke the news of five additional search warrants granted to Texas Rangers investigating "bid-rigging" at Harris County, we reminded Judge Lina Hidalgo of this very public statement back in May 2022.

"Man. I have Slack, I have Signal, I have WhatsApp. I haven't used them in years," said Hidalgo at a press conference.

RELATED: Search warrants reveal new details in Harris County COVID contract scandal

"Don't you want to avoid even the potential that you could be having government conversations in basically a technological black box?" asked FOX 26.

"I told you, I don't have governmental conversations on Signal," said Hidalgo.

Fast forward to last week's filing of search warrant affidavits by Texas Rangers and the revelation, that contrary to Hidalgo's claim that "she hadn't used" encrypted messaging apps "for years", she was in fact, communicating with her chief of staff on WhatsApp regarding not just County business, but more critically, the controversial, multi-million dollar Covid communication contract, which led to the criminal indictment of three of her top aides.