Author Topic: 100 Harvard faculty cry foul at university's 'Combating Antisemitism' initiative  (Read 722 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

100 Harvard faculty cry foul at university's 'Combating Antisemitism' initiative
Story by Nikolas Lanum  •
18h

Over 100 Harvard University faculty members have signed an open letter responding to the school's new "Combating Antisemitism" initiative.

The November 13 letter was addressed to Harvard University President Claudine Gray and questioned the school's commitment to free speech and expression.

The faculty said they were "astonished" by pressure from donors, alumni and members of the campus community to "silence" faculty, students and staff critical of actions undertaken by Israel against Hamas.

"It is important to acknowledge the patronizing tone and format of much of the criticism you have received as well as the outright racism contained in some of it," the letter stated. "We were nevertheless profoundly dismayed by your November 9 message entitled 'Combating Antisemitism.'"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/100-harvard-faculty-cry-foul-at-university-s-combating-antisemitism-initiative/ar-AA1jVbYx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9f04c63cfe7c45fd80d23463e545956a&ei=54
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This can be resolved quite easily, the faculty that don't like it can quit! buh bye
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

This can be resolved quite easily, the faculty that don't like it can quit! buh bye
yes, but imagine the loss to the world if they all quit.  :silly: :silly: