Author Topic: These 8 Republicans voted against Rep Greene's Mayorkas impeachment push: 'Not a high crime or misde  (Read 735 times)

Online libertybele

This is why we are losing our country -- the GOP is a party that stands with the liberals!!!

These 8 Republicans voted against Rep Greene's Mayorkas impeachment push: 'Not a high crime or misdemeanor'

House Democrats, with the help of a eight Republicans, voted down an effort led by GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene in the House of Representatives to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas in a straight up or down vote.

The eight Republicans who joined Democrats in the 209-201 vote killing the effort included Reps. Ken Buck, R-Colo., Darrell Issa, R-Calif., Tom McClintock, R-Calif., Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., John Duarte, R-Calif., Virginia Foxx, R-N.C., Cliff Bentz, R-Ore., and Mike Turner, R-Ohio.

Additionally, 11 Democrats and 12 Republicans did not vote on the measure.

Greene voiced her displeasure in a video posted on X, saying that the eight Republicans voted to "protect" Mayorkas from impeachment, which she called, "unbelievable."..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/these-8-republicans-voted-against-rep-greenes-mayorkas-impeachment-push-not-high-crime-misdemeanor
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Haven't you noticed? There will always be just enough Republicans (whatever number is needed) who will vote against any measure which holds a Democrat accountable. Likewise, there will always be just enough Republicans who will vote against any measure that significantly changes the status quo of government operation (see McCain giving the "thumbs down" to eliminating Obamacare).

This is a feature, not a bug.
Let it burn.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Haven't you noticed? There will always be just enough Republicans (whatever number is needed) who will vote against any measure which holds a Democrat accountable. Likewise, there will always be just enough Republicans who will vote against any measure that significantly changes the status quo of government operation (see McCain giving the "thumbs down" to eliminating Obamacare).

This is a feature, not a bug.

Come on man! That's just a coincidence! Just because it gets repeated over and over again doesn't really mean anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Come on man! That's just a coincidence! Just because it gets repeated over and over again doesn't really mean anything!

wink777
Let it burn.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Welp... i mean is it his crime that he's an incompetent boob? That much is not in question. But that's not illegal and maybe they don't want to have impeachment become even more of a partisan political tool than it already is?

Offline kevindavis007

Welp... i mean is it his crime that he's an incompetent boob? That much is not in question. But that's not illegal and maybe they don't want to have impeachment become even more of a partisan political tool than it already is?

Even if he was impeached in the House, there wouldn't be enough votes to remove him in a Democrat CONTROLLED SENATE!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online libertybele

Even if he was impeached in the House, there wouldn't be enough votes to remove him in a Democrat CONTROLLED SENATE!

That may be, but impeachment in the House would indicate solidarity by the GOP and they failed to do so. The clear message sent is that the DEMS can continue to get away with the crisis at our border!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That may be, but impeachment in the House would indicate solidarity by the GOP and they failed to do so. The clear message sent is that the DEMS can continue to get away with the crisis at our border!

Great, so he'd beat impeachment and then get so say he was acquitted. Yay.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What, 7-8 MILLION counts of aiding the commission of a felony (invading the US/illegal entry) through mis/non-feasance isn't enough of a High Crime?

What does it take?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis