Author Topic: Florida crime trending down while California skyrockets explained by one key difference: expert  (Read 355 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Florida crime trending down while California skyrockets explained by one key difference: expert
Story by Emma Colton  •

California’s spiking violent-crime rate can be attributed to liberal district attorneys in big cities who promote a "culture of lawlessness," while Florida's "law and order" policies have yielded lower crime, according to one crime control policy expert.

"If [California] had law and order DAs, if you had a governor of California - like previous governors, including Reagan - who were pro-law enforcement, pro-law and order, and were hammering [DAs] George Gascon and Chesa Boudin and Pamela Price campaigning for law and order DA candidates, you wouldn't have the disparity between Florida and California in terms of crime rates," Heritage Senior Legal Fellow Cully Stimson told Fox News Digital in a phone interview this week.

The FBI released its annual national crime data this month, which analyzed 2022’s crime trends, and found violent incidents decreased by 1.7% last year when compared to 2021. Violent crimes are defined as incidents such as rape, robberies, armed assault and homicide.

Murders and non-negligent manslaughter, specifically, dropped 6.1% last year, while rape incidents decreased by 5.4%. The national violent crime stats for 2022 are only a fraction of a percent higher than 2019 data, showing a return to pre-pandemic crime levels.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-crime-trending-down-while-california-skyrockets-explained-by-one-key-difference-expert/ar-AA1j4GEH
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

They didn’t need a lengthy article to explain the difference

One state is run by Democrats. The other by the GOP. No more complex than that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We have some great Sheriffs down here. They tell it like it is and don't try to coddle thugs.  In fact most encourage citizens to be armed and kill them dead if the need should arise. "You Loot, We Shoot" is not just a slogan.  The common refrain from the pearl clutching liberals is we should value life more than our possessions.  But sadly thugs value our possessions more than their life. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.