Author Topic: CA Gov. Newsom Declares State of Emergency After Massive Fire Shuts Important LA Freeway  (Read 1061 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Leslie Eastman 11/14/2023

It Is being reported that arson was the cause of the blaze that closed Interstate 10.

After cleaning up the city for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation conference, California Governor Gavin Newsom probably thought he would have an easy week of photo-ops in San Francisco.

But Southern California had different plans…..

California Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency Saturday after a massive fire erupted at a storage yard, shutting down one of the busiest freeways in downtown Los Angeles.

The blaze was first reported in the early morning around 12:30 a.m. at a pallet yard underneath the I-10 Freeway near East 14th and Alameda streets, officials said.

It eventually spread to eight acres before it was extinguished.

Shocking video footage from KABC shows immense flames shooting into the sky, consuming a highway overpass.

The inferno sent homeless people living beneath the road scrambling and destroyed an LAFD fire engine and several civilian vehicles, according to the outlet.

It Is being reported that arson was the cause of the blaze that closed Interstate 10.

The level of damage is severe. Engineering experts are evaluating if the stretch of road has to be demolished and rebuilt.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/11/ca-gov-newsom-declares-state-of-emergency-after-massive-fire-shuts-important-la-freeway/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wouldn't surprise me if the fire wasn't set on purpose so to get more people to use the city's rolling tin cans and trains.

Dems never let a crisis go to waste even if they have to create a crisis.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wouldn't surprise me if the fire wasn't set on purpose so to get more people to use the city's rolling tin cans and trains.

Dems never let a crisis go to waste even if they have to create a crisis.
Not sure how that would work by shutting down a major frwy overpass, buses and metro trains wouldn't travel the path that all the workers living in other cities would need to get to work and if they did those workers would still need to drive into those hubs find and pay for parking while competing for limited seats. All this accomplished was forcing thousands of people to waste more time and fuel traveling detour routes and adding to congestion in other areas.