Author Topic: Higher education’s perfect storm is becoming a tsunami  (Read 581 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Higher education’s perfect storm is becoming a tsunami
« on: November 13, 2023, 04:36:25 pm »
Higher education’s perfect storm is becoming a tsunami
© Provided by The Hill

The war between Israel and Hamas has divided college campuses like no other issue in recent memory. Student walk-outs, vigils and protests, along with sharp increases in antisemitism and Islamophobia, have left many students feeling unsafe, have outraged parents and have prompted harsh public criticism of what many see as tepid responses from university leaders.

Student arrests at Dartmouth, violence at Tulane, threats to destroy the kosher dining hall at Cornell, dueling faculty letters at Columbia, donor revolts at the University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, and elsewhere, doxing campaigns against student activists, employer warnings, and rescissions of job offers are fueling the fire.

The latest in a series of crises, the Israel-Hamas war is turning a perfect storm for colleges and universities into a tsunami. In polls taken before October, only 36 percent of Americans said they have confidence in higher education, down from 57 percent in 2015. A majority think higher education isn’t worth the time and money; two years ago, almost 60 percent thought it was. Student debt totals $1.75 trillion, up 75 percent in the last 10 years. Most Americans think higher education is unaffordable and is going in the wrong direction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/higher-education-s-perfect-storm-is-becoming-a-tsunami/ar-AA1jNvdu?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9a90d8c4d166414fa4b90f0ee9ec52dc&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Higher education’s perfect storm is becoming a tsunami
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 06:15:38 pm »
Liberal Arts Universities have taught the woke snowflakes to crap in their own nests.  If an Islamo-Fascist Caliphate was to be established in America, those very same woke snowflakes would be the first to be beheaded and burned alive.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.