Author Topic: Longtime NY House Democrat Brian Higgins to step down over frustrations in Congress  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Longtime NY House Democrat Brian Higgins to step down over frustrations in Congress
by Sarah Fortinsky - 11/12/23 3:34 PM ET

Rep. Brian Higgins (D-N.Y.) announced on Sunday he plans to resign in February after 19 years, citing frustrations in Congress during a particularly tumultuous year for the chamber.

Higgins, who represents New York’s heavily Democratic 26th Congressional District, cited growing dysfunction.

“I’ve always been a little impatient, and that trait has helped us deliver remarkable progress for this community,” Higgins said in a statement. “But the pace in Washington, D.C. can be slow and frustrating, especially this year.”

“Therefore, after thoughtful consideration, I have made the difficult decision to leave Congress and explore other ways I can build up and serve Buffalo and Western New York,” he continued.

Higgins, 64, began his 10th term in office in January 2023. He serves on the House Ways and Means Committee and the House Budget Committee. Higgins is co-chair of the Northern Border Caucus and the Canada-U.S. Inter-Parliamentary Group. He is the co-chair of the Bipartisan Cancer Caucus.

He joins a number of other House members who have announced their departure in recent weeks.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4306322-longtime-ny-house-democrat-brian-higgins-to-resign-citing-frustrations-in-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34