Author Topic: New York loses 10 billionaires in four years as magnates flee for Florida  (Read 837 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New York loses 10 billionaires in four years as magnates flee for Florida
By Georgia Worrell
Published Nov. 11, 2023, 7:37 a.m. ET

New York has lost 10 billionaires in the last four years — three of whom fled to Florida — leaving tax coffers lighter by tens of millions of dollars annually.

This year 62 New York-based billionaires appeared on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans, compared to 72 in 2019 and 65 last year.

Investor and Washington Commanders owner Josh Harris, whose net worth was valued at $5.7 billion last year, has grown his fortune to $6.9 billion — but he packed his bags for Florida.

Other billionaires who have relocated from Gotham to the Sunshine State in the last four years include hedge funder Daniel Och — whose net worth now stands at $3.6 billion — and investor Carl Icahn, who’s worth $6.9 billion.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/11/metro/new-york-loses-10-billionaires-in-four-years-as-magnates-flee-for-florida/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: New York loses 10 billionaires in four years as magnates flee for Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 07:35:45 pm »
They were tired of paying mega taxes to support illegal aliens and other parasites.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!