Author Topic: Illegal, illegaler, illegalest: Chicago gangs used fraudulent COVID relief money to buy guns, solici  (Read 303 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal, illegaler, illegalest: Chicago gangs used fraudulent COVID relief money to buy guns, solicit murder
By Ranjit Singh | 11:31 AM on October 11, 2023

Illinois has some of the most draconian gun laws in the country. You need a Firearms Owners Identification Card (FOID) before you can possess a gun, there are “universal” background checks to supposedly prevent transfers to prohibited persons, “assault weapon” bans, “high capacity” magazine bans; you name it, Illinois’ got it. Those laws got even worse recently.

While lawful, peaceable people are burdened evermore, criminals missed the memo from the Illinois state government. The Chicago Sun Times reported this story (archived links) of the extent of criminality in relation to the “free” money the Feds tossed out of a helicopter to counter the devastating economic impact of government-induced pandemic lockdowns:

https://bearingarms.com/ranjit-singh/2023/10/11/illegal-illegaler-illegalest-chicago-gangs-used-fraudulent-covid-relief-money-to-buy-guns-solicit-murder-n75913
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson