Author Topic: Americans Don't Want to Fight For Their Country Anymore  (Read 492 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans Don't Want to Fight For Their Country Anymore
« on: November 12, 2023, 06:57:13 pm »
Americans Don't Want to Fight For Their Country Anymore
Nov 10, 2023 at 3:00 AM EST

By Aleks Phillips
U.S. News Reporter

A majority of American adults would not be willing to serve in the military were the U.S. to enter into a major war, recent polling has found, while public confidence in the armed forces appears to be waning.

The figures come as all branches of the armed forces have in recent years struggled to meet their recruitment targets, suggesting a growing apathy towards a career of military service. In 2023, the Army and Air Force fell short of their respective goals by around 10,000 recruits, while the Navy was under by 6,000. Since 1987, the number of active-duty personnel has fallen by 39 percent.

Experts say that such shortfalls are worrisome in an increasingly volatile global picture with American leadership unsure when it will next have to bring its full military force to bear.

"We have strike groups, aircraft carriers with a Marine Expeditionary Unit outside Israel now," Justin Henderson, a former transport operator for the U.S. Marines turned military recruiter, told Newsweek. "We're funding two wars, but we're actually boots on the ground, drones above Gaza. So we're already involved in there—and we're not sure what's happening in Taiwan. So this is a very tumultuous time for us, because we don't know what's going to happen."

https://www.newsweek.com/american-military-recruitment-problems-public-apathy-1842449
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Americans Don't Want to Fight For Their Country Anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 07:00:02 pm »
Think about it.  Democrats are dead set against making America first so why put your life on the line for a second-rate nation? 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 07:10:20 pm »
Maybe Americans are just tired of fighting for other countries? Plus why join a military of a government that holds you in contempt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 09:07:26 pm »
Get woke, go broke.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 11:21:01 pm »
Part of the problem is the messaging is that it isn't "your" country anymore.  It's theirs - meaning the woke, the progressives, the anti- "whiteness" crowd, etc..  So if it is no longer ours, why should we defend it?