Author Topic: GOP Beware: The Third-Party Option Might Have Some Legs This Year.. Derek Hunter  (Read 326 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Beware: The Third-Party Option Might Have Some Legs This Year
Derek Hunter

On paper, being a nominee of either the Republican or Democratic Party gives you an almost even money shot at becoming the next President of the United States. I’m not talking about any particular candidate; this goes for all of them. Normally, the winner is chosen from one of those two party nominees. Ever since those two parties have existed together, that’s been the case – the last Whig Party president was Millard Fillmore, who left office in 1853. However, 2024 could be a little different; it could be the year a third-party candidate sneaks in.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not calling for this, nor am I hoping for it. I fall for whoever the Republican nominee ends up being. But, and this is a big but, who that ends up being and who the Democrats ultimately have on their ballot line will determine an awful lot in what could end up being the best shot this country has had to elect a third-party candidate since 1992, if not ever.

In 1992, Ross Perot could have won the presidency. He was actually ahead for a while over the summer (which is a reminder that polls long, long before anyone votes don’t mean a damn thing). Still, he dropped out of the race, then reentered it later, only to end a distant third and play the role of spoiler for President George H. W. Bush back when you didn’t have to throw in the middle initials.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/11/12/gop-beware-the-third-party-option-might-have-some-legs-this-year-n2631094
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
You betcha......   No pulling the lever for the orange scourge this time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.