Author Topic: We Witnessed the NYC Migrant Crisis Firsthand  (Read 352 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We Witnessed the NYC Migrant Crisis Firsthand
« on: November 12, 2023, 03:05:01 pm »
We Witnessed the NYC Migrant Crisis Firsthand. This is What We Saw. Part II
November 10, 2023

Joey Chester
Communications Manager
Yesterday, a team of FAIR investigators reported about the crush of illegal aliens who have inundated the area around New York City’s Federal Building. Today, we report on the impact the illegal immigration crisis is having on the city itself and its attempts to provide shelter to the estimated 125,000 people who have arrived over the past year or so.

The Roosevelt Hotel

I wasn’t sure what to expect to see when we arrived at the Roosevelt Hotel on a cold November morning. As we exited Grand Central Terminal and walked toward the grand building, I found it not hard to imagine that this was once a luxury hotel. Over 125,000 migrants have arrived in the Big Apple in the last year or so, and the Roosevelt Hotel is the new welcome center. It quickly became evident that it was no longer a normal hotel.

There was an overwhelming feeling that we weren’t supposed to be seeing what was happening at the Roosevelt. While it’s easy to get across American borders illegally, it is virtually impossible to gain access to the Roosevelt Hotel. National Guard soldiers and private security stand guard at the doors, stopping anyone without the correct credentials from entering. A local told me that the NYPD also gets involved sometimes.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/11/10/we-witnessed-nyc-migrant-crisis-firsthand-what-we-saw-part-ii
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: We Witnessed the NYC Migrant Crisis Firsthand
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 03:07:39 pm »
We Witnessed the NYC Migrant Crisis Firsthand. This is What We Saw. Part I
November 08, 2023

Joey Chester
Communications Manager
Last week, three staff members from the Federation for American Immigration Reform visited New York City to get a first-hand look at the migrant crisis Mayor Eric Adams says will “destroy” the city. What we saw shocked us.

While there are estimated to be more than 200 migrant shelters set up around the five boroughs, our day in New York City was centered around three locations: The first was the Federal office building in lower Manhattan, where recently arrived migrants apply for a variety of immigration-related services including seeking work authorization. The second was the Roosevelt Hotel in midtown, across the street from Grand Central Terminal, which has been turned into the best-known migrant shelter in the city, if not the country. And third, an office in the East Village that the city has set up to issue all-expense paid transportation to other locations in the country, in the hopes of alleviating some of the burdens the migration crisis has posed on New York.

With the exception of a few news outlets coverage of the impact of the migration crisis on communities all across the United States is limited and, when it is covered, it is generally from the perspective of the migrants rather than on how it affects the lives of the American people. FAIR’s goal is to fill in the very large gaps left vacant by many “mainstream” news organizations.

The Federal Building

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/11/08/we-witnessed-nyc-migrant-crisis-firsthand-what-we-saw-part-i
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Re: We Witnessed the NYC Migrant Crisis Firsthand
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 03:25:04 pm »
Merged threads parts I and II - all updates also may be posted on this thread