Author Topic: Speaker Mike Johnson to NYC: Dump ‘sanctuary’ policies to get migrant money  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Speaker Mike Johnson to NYC: Dump ‘sanctuary’ policies to get migrant money
By Steven Nelson and Josh Christenson
Published Nov. 9, 2023, 6:58 p.m. ET

The week in whoppers: Barack Obama justifies terror, the NYT slurs US, Israel and more
WASHINGTON — House Speaker Mike Johnson called on the Big Apple Thursday to scrap its “sanctuary” city status if it wants federal money to help house thousands of migrants pouring into the city.

In an exclusive and wide-ranging interview with The Post, the Louisiana Republican’s first with a major publication since seizing the gavel, Johnson said he was “certain” his fellow GOP lawmakers will stipulate a rollback of policies that restrict local police cooperation with federal immigration officials to deport migrants accused of serious crimes.

“I’m certain that will be one of our proposals, and it should,” the 51-year-old said.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/09/news/speaker-mike-johnson-to-nyc-dump-sanctuary-label-to-get-migrant-money/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 02:42:07 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson