Author Topic: Mayorkas Ignores Warnings from FBI Director Wray that Danger Has Reached a “Whole Other Level”  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayorkas Ignores Warnings from FBI Director Wray that Danger Has Reached a “Whole Other Level”
Share This Article:
November 7, 2023
Christopher Wray Oct 31, 2023

Ira Mehlman
Media Director
Last Tuesday, FBI Director Christopher Wray appeared before the Senate Homeland Security Committee to testify about the threat of terror facing the United States. The director did not sugarcoat the gravity of the dangers the country faces. “The reality is that the terrorism threat has been elevated throughout 2023, but the ongoing war in the Middle East has raised the threat of an attack against Americans in the United States to a whole other level,” [emphasis added] Wray stated under oath.

The Senate hearing was not the first time Wray has warned about the heightened danger of jihadist groups striking against American interests around the world, or on our homeland. Nor is he the only security expert sounding the alarm. Ten days earlier, the San Diego Field Office Intelligence Division of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) warned that their intelligence indicated that individuals with ties to terror groups could attempt to enter the U.S. across our southern border. The specific groups cited by the San Diego office were Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah – all classified as terror groups by our government.

“San Diego Field Office Intelligence Unit assesses that individuals inspired by, or reacting to the current Israel-Hamas conflict may attempt travel to or from the area of hostilities in the Middle East via circuitous transit across the Southwest border,” the memo stated. “Foreign fighters motivated by ideology or mercenary soldiers of fortune may attempt to obfuscate travel to or from the US to or from countries in the Middle East through Mexico,” the unit added.

https://www.fairus.org/legislation/biden-immigration-border-policy/illegal-immigration/mayorkas-ignores-warnings-fbi
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson