Author Topic: These Catholic nuns took on the state of New York — and won  (Read 384 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These Catholic nuns took on the state of New York — and won
« on: November 12, 2023, 01:22:40 pm »

These Catholic nuns took on the state of New York — and won
Story by Kelsey Dallas  •
1d

As the country prepared for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade in June 2022, New York passed a unique package of abortion-related legislation aimed at safeguarding abortion rights in the state and protecting pregnant women.

“Reproductive rights are human rights, and today we are signing landmark legislation to further protect them and all who wish to access them in New York State,” said New York Gov. Kathy Hochul in a statement on June 13, 2022, the day she signed the package of related policies.

Among other steps, the package empowered and instructed state officials to study “limited service pregnancy centers” that do not refer women to abortion providers to determine whether they provide accurate information and adequate health care and then produce a report on their work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-catholic-nuns-took-on-the-state-of-new-york-and-won/ar-AA1jJTzI?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=2983023fcaf04db08e8c0f67bfd5b923&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson